Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Irazú Volcano in Costa Rica
Well, today I want you to meet the Irazú volcano located in Cartago, Costa Rica. You might have heard about volcanoes before, especially if you have been in places like Hawaii or Italy, where you can also find them and even watch them erupt for a while (like a couple of days or weeks), but you might ignore how this little fellow changed Costa Rican history long time ago.

In 1963 everything seemed normal, even JFK visited Costa Rica in order to utter one of his famous(?) speeches. Comically, it seems the Irazú did not like him at all. Laughing It started erupting ashes that very same day, forcing that American president to leave as soon as his political goals were achieved.

First of all take a look at the culprit! Shocked 

[Image: 640px-Irazu-Volcano.jpg]
Yeah, guys, it might look beautiful and dangerous for sure!

Oh, I forgot to tell you that the following photograph was taken later on, in the 80s it seems. Still, it lets you get the feeling of how was life back then.
[Image: IMG-20190406-WA0013.jpg][Image: IMG-20190406-WA0021.jpg][Image: IMG-20190406-WA0022.jpg]

Then people soon realized that they needed to clean up the streets on their own! Shocked Even if there were some vehicles to do the job, it was just too much to be ignored by townsfolk.
[Image: IMG-20190406-WA0002.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190406-WA0001.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190406-WA0003.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190406-WA0004.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190406-WA0005.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190406-WA0007.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190406-WA0008.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190406-WA0010.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190406-WA0011.jpg]

You might now think I am just exaggerating here. The truth is that the Irazú volcano erupted so many ashes that it filled a river causing it to flood the surrounding area, burying a whole town and killing hundreds of people and animals. It was a real tragedy back then. Local channels still possess a copy of an old news report video taken back then, spoken in English. Later on it would be translated into Spanish and it is kept as a true relic of times long forgotten. Confused
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Just when we thought that the Irazu volcano would get some sleep, it caught us by surprise! Yesterday one if it's inner walls has collapsed, it included lots of debris, enough to bury one or two stadiums if ever needed... You might think it's normal for a crater, but whenever solid materials fall in the crater's lake, a huge volcanic eruption may take place at any moment. When the landslide took place, a giant tide could be seen there, they say it was about 50 meters tall... Sounds scary indeed! Especially if that's isn't the only wall that might collapse any time soon! Confused

https://www.crhoy.com/nacionales/parte-d...er-activo/
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
By surprise? I just read that article and it said that the sliding material issue was detected in 2004! Surprise my furry werewolf ... um...
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Well, if there had been heavy rains that could wash the walls making them fall down, then yeah, I would agree with you. Still, this year has been quite dry, except for Limon province that has no direct connection with the tremors or whatsoever had caused the landslide yesterday. We just hope that the crater won't get fully covered by debris any time soon or there won't be just another small eruption coming our way but a real explosion! Even if it may only consist of ashes and small rocks... We already had a small crisis when its cousin the Turrialba volcano erupted and forced the authorities to shut down all airport operations for about a day. Confused

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Costa Rican Fruits kyonides 2 4,575 01-26-2020, 04:47 PM
Last Post: kyonides