Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blocks and Spheres
Big Grin 
Here are some things i did as i was bored a bit.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1122][Image: attachment.php?aid=1121][Image: attachment.php?aid=1119][Image: attachment.php?aid=1120]

I still need to improve it haha

Attached Files
.png   Block.png (Size: 520 bytes / Downloads: 87)
.png   Block2.png (Size: 583 bytes / Downloads: 87)
.png   Blöcke.png (Size: 2.05 KB / Downloads: 87)
.png   Spheren -Farblich 02-.png (Size: 3.28 KB / Downloads: 88)
Reply }
(04-16-2019, 12:46 PM)Someone Wrote: Here are some things i did as i was bored a bit.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1122][Image: attachment.php?aid=1121][Image: attachment.php?aid=1119][Image: attachment.php?aid=1120]

Those are very good pixels you've got there. Keep it up!

I have a suggestion that is more like a request for you, perhaps: Think you can do crystals? At least, I could use it as inspiration to create my own. This is because I'm in need of some for an effect like the crystallization seen in the FF games.
Reply }
(04-16-2019, 02:03 PM)Vickarius Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 12:46 PM)Someone Wrote: Here are some things i did as i was bored a bit.

Those are very good pixels you've got there. Keep it up!

I have a suggestion that is more like a request for you, perhaps: Think you can do crystals? At least, I could use it as inspiration to create my own. This is because I'm in need of some for an effect like the crystallization seen in the FF games.

I was thinking about crystals too, haha. Nice coincident! I used some basic forms for my stuff as visual sample, so a cristal should be possible. I can even add transpereny into it also.
How big should the crystal be? Do you have a certain picture in mind how it should look like? The most tricky part is the animation, like rotating but i have to figure it out in the end.
Reply }
(04-16-2019, 02:08 PM)Someone Wrote: I was thinking about crystals too, haha. Nice coincident! I used some basic forms for my stuff as visual sample, so a cristal should be possible. I can even add transpereny into it also.
How big should the crystal be? Do you have a certain picture in mind how it should look like? The most tricky part is the animation, like rotating but i have to figure it out in the end.

Haha, see, I thought you'd like crystals judging by the way you designed that last block! XD

Well, I did have in mind something like the "198-Support06" found in the RTP, albeit a little smaller... perhaps around the size of a common RMXP character? Or the format could be something like the FFT ones, as below:

[Image: ezgif-1-b56c22d67784.gif]

Which one do you prefer? Or a combination of both? I'll leave it up to your creativity.
Reply }
(04-16-2019, 02:30 PM)Vickarius Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 02:08 PM)Someone Wrote: I was thinking about crystals too, haha. Nice coincident! I used some basic forms for my stuff as visual sample, so a cristal should be possible. I can even add transpereny into it also.

Haha, see, I thought you'd like crystals judging by the way you designed that last block! XD

Well, I did have in mind something like the "198-Support06" found in the RTP, albeit a little smaller... perhaps around the size of a common RMXP character? Or the format could be something like the FFT ones, as below:

[Image: ezgif-1-b56c22d67784.gif]

Which one do you prefer? Or a combination of both? I'd leave it up to your creativity.

Oh with that last block i tried something out haha.  Well a crystal like the one in FFT shouldnt be difficult to make.  I guess a size of 32x32 should be ok, its a bit smaller than a regular RTP character. I will try out a bit with reflections and rotating that thing in 4 frames. You want to use it like a character right?
Reply }
(04-16-2019, 02:35 PM)Someone Wrote: Oh with that last block i tried something out haha.  Well a crystal like the one in FFT shouldnt be difficult to make.  I guess a size of 32x32 should be ok, its a bit smaller than a regular RTP character. I will try out a bit with reflections and rotating that thing in 4 frames. You want to use it like a character right?

In truth, I'd like to use a crystal as a character by itself, but also to "trap" an actor inside it, you know, like if he/she was turning into a crystal. However, this is easily feasible with opacity and the like, as long as you'd allow me to edit it and show you.

The rotation would be really handy for the "empty" crystals. Judging by the orbs n' blocks, your reflection effect will be very good.
Reply }
(04-16-2019, 03:02 PM)Vickarius Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 02:35 PM)Someone Wrote: Oh with that last block i tried something out haha.  Well a crystal like the one in FFT shouldnt be difficult to make.  I guess a size of 32x32 should be ok, its a bit smaller than a regular RTP character. I will try out a bit with reflections and rotating that thing in 4 frames. You want to use it like a character right?

In truth, I'd like to use a crystal as a character by itself, but also to "trap" an actor inside it, you know, like if he/she was turning into a crystal. However, this is easily feasible with opacity and the like, as long as you'd allow me to edit it and show you.

The rotation would be really handy for the "empty" crystals. Judging by the orbs n' blocks, your reflection effect will be very good.

I see well here is a sample, tell me what do you think about it.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1123]

Attached Files
.png   Crystal sample.png (Size: 573 bytes / Downloads: 57)
Reply }
(04-16-2019, 03:10 PM)Someone Wrote: I see well here is a sample, tell me what do you think about it.

Wow, the shading is really good! I'm kinda curious to know how do you do the reflective pattern. Are the lines, aren't they?

The shape, though... Albeit good, I'd imagined it less square and more long on the vertical axis. If you'll use this one as basis, I think it would be quite similar to, you know, those on The Sims? =P
Reply }
(04-16-2019, 03:27 PM)Vickarius Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 03:10 PM)Someone Wrote: I see well here is a sample, tell me what do you think about it.

Wow, the shading is really good! I'm kinda curious to know how do you do the reflective pattern. Are the lines, aren't they?

The shape, though... Albeit good, I'd imagined it less square and more long on the vertical axis. If you'll use this one as basis, I think it would be quite similar to, you know, those on The Sims? =P
I can make it Larger, around the size of a basic RTP character. I have a picture which shows how to make jewels, the reflection is the same at the crystal. I used it to look at.
Do you have a certain color in mind ?
Reply }
(04-16-2019, 03:34 PM)Someone Wrote: I can make it Larger, around the size of a basic RTP character. I have a picture which shows how to make jewels, the reflection is the same at the crystal. I used it to look at.
Do you have a certain color in mind ?

I'm planning to use them in various colours, since there are different types of crystallization and tendencies. But it's easy to recolor. Even so, if you don't mind, I conceived the default a little bluish, like this: [Image: attachment.php?aid=1124]

Would you be willing to share that jewel-making tutorial picture? I'd like to learn (I even stated that on my very first post on the forum! XD)

Attached Files
.png   Someone's Crystal.PNG (Size: 640 bytes / Downloads: 56)
Reply }