Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Ryex의 Dynamic과 ATES
(07-28-2022, 10:39 PM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Hrm... a bit of a challenge.  And surprise, I DID use the Audio Module MCISendString system... but not how you expect.

FIRST, the fading flame effect for your campfire works better than the fading SE system in MCISendString... the MCISendString verison is based on an older system.  So use of MCISendString to work with your campfire is a big no.

So that leaves with me focused upon the weather effect.

Now the weather effect in ATES too was using BackgroundSound, this meant to be a looping audio feature.  But there is another looping audio feature, the Background MUSIC.  This does not mean we are eliminating your ability to have background music when playing weather effects.  Nope nope nope.  We are going to use a feature within  MCISendString that will allow the use of default music effects while letting the weather play as well.

MCISendString can allow for 'multiple channels' of audio.  And for this, I set up MCISendString to allow for two BGM channels rather than just one that RPGMaker assumes.  When you use default commands in RPGMaker, the system assumes you play, pause, stop and fade music on the 1st channel.... so I decided to let the 2nd channel of BGM handle the weather bgs files.

Now this meant using MCISendString, but the DynamicSounds script conflicts with the BGS system in MCISendString, so what I provided is a seriously stripped down version... no BGS and no ME support in this edited version of MCISendString.  BUT it does have the BGM system, and I set the BGM system to two channels.

After that, I made a 'patch' which is below ATES.  The patch replaces the six methods that affect the weather audio. And the changes within the patch replaces lines like bgs_play(bgm)  with bgm_play(bgm,2).  Comically, the author had the audio file save to bgm?  It's like HE planned that!

Of some special note, the volume needed to be integer values, so I set them to be fixed integers and not floating point values.  That should not be an issue for you.  Meanwhile, I performed a FIX which you may not have noticed.  The audio fade features were set to adjust time by 40... that was 40fps, and you got a script command making it run at 60fps.  :D  I set it so it didn't care and would auto-adjust.

And here's the DEMO:

Now, there is something missing in this demo, because I can't attach anything TOO big in here.

Your Weather audio effects must NOW be placed within the Audio/BGM folder.  Yep, put a copy of 002-Wind02.ogg into your project's BGM folder, otherwise you won't hear it.

OH, I assume you're gonna remove that script at the top of your list.  It doesn't play well with the F12 button. Laughing

Thanks for the reply.  Blushing + Cheery
The crackling sound I hear when the weather changes is also gone. I've always been uncomfortable with this sound. 

However, the sound of the weather also evaporated. 
The campfire sound works well, and the in-game BGS sound is fine, but...
There is no sound effect even though I put the weather audio in the BGM folder. am i missing something?
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Ryex의 Dynamic과 ATES - by zlsl - 07-28-2022, 04:05 PM
RE: Combining ATES with Ryex's Dynamic - by zlsl - 07-30-2022, 12:51 PM
RE: Combining ATES with Ryex's Dynamic - by zlsl - 07-31-2022, 07:57 AM
RE: Ryex의 Dynamic과 ATES - by zlsl - 11-14-2023, 12:10 PM