Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Resources Consumption Meter
@kyonides @DerVVulfman @Kain Nobel — Wow, you guys are amazing. Thank you for the time you dedicated for these answers. Even, though it won't directly solve my problem, you provided me with valuable advice. I didn't expect such a through answers.
I asked this question after I found that one of my scripts is aliasing 'update' method in 'class Scene_Map' incorrectly, what resulted in "running update within update" and causing horrible lags on the map.

@kyonides — I'm not asking for direct help, you already helped enough. Also, majority of the scrips is modified by me (sometimes heavily), so it wouldn't give you a good idea how much resources these may consume. Battles are pretty smooth, I'm using a variation of RTAB 1.16

@DerVVulfman — yea, HUD script was the one lagging, but fortunately it wasn't large script so I could fix it even with my newbie programming skills. I have one more HUD to review (different, simple HUDs for different situations). I have bad experience with anti-lag scripts, but maybe I will test one in the future. The game is really big and even occasional bugs could give me hundreds of hours of work at this point, so I will try that only if absolutely necessary. Funny that you mentioned that Menu Systems shouldn't lag, because my is lagging, but... I know why and I'm ready for this sacrifice; it imports (or load to memory IDK) all saved games info in order to display it in save/load screen. I really like the possibilities it gives me so I can sacrifice this 1, max 2 second delay (depends how many saved games), when changing scene to menu. If I remember correctly, it was actually you, who helped me implement that, good sir. Thank you for all your help!

@"Kain Nobel" — yea, I noticed that drawing text is pretty 'expensive', when debugging using 'puts' I noticed that many times. I had a few "Stack Level Too Deep" in the past, but I probably fixed these already. Thank you for the idea how to measure certain function; it can actually be very helpful in some situations and I will definitely use it!

Thanks to everyone again! I guess topic can be closed now.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Resources Consumption Meter - by Whisper - 05-27-2023, 01:26 AM
RE: Resources Consumption Meter - by kyonides - 05-27-2023, 01:59 AM
RE: Resources Consumption Meter - by DerVVulfman - 05-27-2023, 04:52 AM
RE: Resources Consumption Meter - by Kain Nobel - 05-27-2023, 08:59 AM
RE: Resources Consumption Meter - by Whisper - 05-27-2023, 10:17 PM
RE: Resources Consumption Meter - by kyonides - 05-27-2023, 10:43 PM
RE: Resources Consumption Meter - by Whisper - 05-29-2023, 03:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom meter problem daylights 13 14,325 08-12-2013, 03:34 AM