KBattleFront VX
KBattleFront VX
Version 0.6.0

by Kyonides

Introduction

This is an Animated Front View & Side View Battle System!

After reading a couple of threads where people complained about fellow scripter's battle system, I decided that I could give it a chance. The GUI is almost done based on my first impression of those scripts' interface.

1. Status window becomes pretty much static, it doesn't move at all, and does update the data in a timely fashion.
    It includes actors' faces, names and gauges.
  2. New actor menu on the top of the screen.
    It uses icons and a label to tell you what's the command currently in display. Any actor can trigger the escape feature, but it might abort the battle at once. Please don't abuse of that poor feature! :P

The script is almost Plug n Play, except for the 2 Constants I've included there. They're very simple to handle.

Just order the commands the way you like it and pick their icon indexes and that's it, guys! :D

Screenshots

Here you can take a look at its default settings.

VX Version

Code:
# * KBattleFront VX * #
#   Scripter : Kyonides Arkanthes
#   v0.5.3 - 2023-06-06

# This script sought to implement some of the features I have found in other
# EarthBound Battle Systems but not anymore. Now it is just an old fashion
# Front View Battle System with battlers visible on screen.

module KBattleFront
  DISPLAY_FACES = true
  ACTOR_BATTLER_Y = 136
  COMMAND_NAME_FONT_SIZE = 26
  COMMAND_NAME_XY = [432, 20]
  COMMAND_ORDER = [:attack, :skill, :guard, :item, :escape]
  COMMAND_ICONS = {
    :attack => 3,
    :skill  => 21,
    :guard  => 52,
    :item   => 144,
    :escape => 48
  }
# Several lines of code here

Terms & Conditions

Free for use in any game.
Don't ever ask me to port it to any other Maker!
Don't drink coffee for a whole week before using it! Laughing + Tongue sticking out
That's it!
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
The Bound Battle System Has Been Updated!

And I've come back to offer you a screenshot of how it actually works. Grinning

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1850]

Happy with a sweat OK, it's crystal clear that they weren't going through their best moment, but they were able to run away! Grinning
Well, at least they tried once. Laughing
Even so, you gotta be Orson courageous enough as to turn your back on the Wizard Witch enemy in order to escape from such a nefarious predicament. Tongue sticking out

Anyway, there's another screenshot on the main post that shows you how it looks like when they make a stand to Slayne Ghim Deedlit Orson fight the Dark Elf Golem enemy at all costs! Shocked
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Choose Your EarthBound Foe Wisely! Confused

Now you can also watch the current target sport a white flash and a sprite telling us its evil name! Shocked

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1851]

Don't worry pals! You won't ever pick the wrong target. Winking
Thinking Unless you ignore that your foe is more powerful than expected. Oops! Oops!

I've also included a link to a working demo! Grinning
You got 2 options, a lightweight demo or another one with the RTP included.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }