Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Shangri La
[Image: mylogo8.png]

*DOWNLOAD DEMO HERE* Shangri-La Demo 71.2MB

This is a story I have finally completed, and is loosely based on the fictional placed described in the novel Lost Horizon by James Hilton. Most notably and more suitably based on the manga/anime series Saiyuki. For those who are unfamiliar with the anime, Shangri La is considered to be an Earthly utopia where humans, demons, magic and science all co-exist and this area is isolated from the outside world. In my story everything is similar except for the utopia part but mostly this is just my spin on Saiyuki.

Character Story

In this game you will be the eyes of three half breed demonic brothers known throughout the lands as the Raum Brothers. Consisting of Renove, Rubues, and Relick they are triplets born from a human mother who died while giving birth to them. Their father, once the First General in the army of Abaddon (King of Demons), also died, but in the line of duty. The brothers where cursed at birth with forbidden magic by a sorceress who was attempting to kill the brothers but was stopped by their father. The curse being, that they have a limit set on their demonic powers and they can only use those limited powers when together. If separated they would loose all demonic powers and revert into their human forms.

Story Background

A few small incidents had occurred and the humans decided that it was impossible for them to co-exist with demons knowing their potential to kill, mainly in fear of a future catastrophic incident. So the humans have banished the demons from the human cities, which is basically most of Shangri La, forcing the demons to a secluded area in the west. To avoid another war the Abaddon (Demon King) agrees to these arrangements and it has been this way for over 50 years.

Presently there has been a new Abaddon (King of Demons) appointed after the death of the last and the new King of Demons does not agree with the arrangements and has plans to kill all humans and take control of Shangri La. However, the humans have created Demon seeking androids called Omnibots to keep things in order. While also being no push overs themselves with the invention of Chi Emitters.

As for the brothers, even though the sorceress was stopped by their father she still managed to escape unharmed and due to the complexity of this forbidden magic only she can remove the curse. The brothers, who now serve in the demonic army of the new Abaddon, wish to seek out the sorceress to lift the curse. Their search is not with out peril, as they defend themselves against demon hunters, omnibots, and those demons jealous of their power.

Character Bio

Story Features

Screen Shots 1

Screen Shots 2

Battle System Video *2/10

Credits
Scripts - Hermes CMS, Atoa's CBS, Paradog
Faces - Moromaga, Gozaru
Character Sets - Gozaru, Sithjester, Char Generator
Tiles - Sakura Phoenix
Battlers - Dollmage, Green Raven, Crimson Penguin, Skie Fortress, Dark Paladin
Audio - Donny/Spooky?

Special Thanks:
HBgames
RMVXP
RRR
Creation Asylum

If I forgot anyone on discredited anyone let me know.

My main motivation for making this game is to show off my creative writing ability. My hopes are that I can eventually get help from people who actually know how to use this program unlike myself. If anyone would like to assist me with this project feel free to pm or post here letting me know.

The following is a list of all the areas I could use help with.
Scripter/Eventor (Nothing Major)
Spriter (A few Custom Tiles)
Mapper (Critique/Editor)
*Face Artist* (Because every hates my faces)

All comments and criticism are not only welcome but requested. Thank You.

UPDATE 03/05: Updated Demo and change Agares and Xaphan back to there original sprites.
Reply }
The game sounds promising so far. I'm really excited about how the conflict between the humans and demons will play out.Cheery
Reply }
thanks and if everything goes as planned you will love the story even more as the game progresses i guarantee it. I couldn't give it all away. ;)
Reply }
at least you know what Shangri-La means!
anyway, you should post a few images, a image is worth a thousand words!

PS: as much as i will understand the story i can't visualize it without images unless you are really good at writing.

Edit: Saiyuki Rocks!
Yay! Genjyo Sanzo!
Reply }
I will try to get up screen shots as fast as I can but I'm trying to do things in a certain order. I have yet to begin working on the maps and events, so those screens will have to wait. sorry.
Reply }
Here is a link to a youtube video of the battle system I will be using.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5siBGcJEnS0
Reply }
You did quite nicely with that battle system! I personally use Atoa's too because of it's extreme flexibility. I also like that you edited the default windows, I did this as well. You're battlers look quite nice too.

Anyway, looking good and keep up the good work!

BTW: I noticed another game with this very name on another forum, but they seem to be quite different. I'm assuming these are separate projects?
Reply }
thanks for the comments. And I posted this same topic over at hbgames maybe that's where you saw it. If it was anywhere else please post the ink so i can check out my competition. ;)
Reply }
Updated finally with some screen shots. :}
Reply }
*1 Hour Demo Uploaded*
Reply }