Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 The pointless argument thread
Anyone who uses a desk made out of polymers or plastics and metals are wrong. They're just wrong. All desks should be made out of wood, there is no reason not to use wood. Sure, the screws and bolts holding the thing together can be metal, but that's it. Maybe, MAYBE if you've got drawers the latches can be metal, but if they were some kind of synthetic material that would be stretching it. I mean really, who needs anything but wood?
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
Reply }
Wood is good. BUT YOU'RE POINTLESSLY KILLING TREES!!!!!
I say everything should be made out of stone.
Reply }
What if you find that even stone holds life.What then?

Then youd be "pointlessly" killing stones.
lol.
Reply }
Cry You're right... BUT My stone desk can beat your wooden one anyday.
Reply }
You're stone desk can't beat my wood desk. My wood desk knows to just remove the alpeh from your stone desk's emet, turning it into met, and causing it to die. It's like the Prague Golem. One letter changed, and dust.

That's the problem with living stone desks, they're too easy to kill. I don't wanna be writing on my desk, and go to erase a picture I drew, and accidentally erase one letter and -BOOM!- dead stone desk - that's just crap. Unreliable crap!
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
Reply }
You're just jealous.
Reply }
And you're just bias, MetalRenard! We all know you're metal, and metal is just a mineral - it might as well be just stones, and you can't stand to be out done by a wooden desk!
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
Reply }
You are all wrong, desks should be made out of carbon fiber, as it would be much easier to re-arrange them. Moving a heavy wooden desk ( I don't even want to imagine an archaic stone one, what are you a freaking neanderthal? ) is a pain in the ass to move. However, a carbon fiber desk could easily be lifted with one hand. This means no scratches on my hardwood floors. Fixing scratches can be even more annoying and expensive. The savings in not having to repair tears in carpet or scratched floors would more than justify the cost of a lighter desk that could be lifted and moved, rather than dragged around because it weighs too damn much.
Reply }
What are you talking about?! Are you that weak you can't move a wooden desk? Even after taking the drawers out? You need yourself a few wooden desks to move about, this is why everyone's so damn weak nowadays. You kids and your weak arms, weak backs, weak knees and weak - yeah! Weak everything! Need some backbone. Some hair on your chest!

If you're too weak to move a desk, you're too weak to run the country. I bet that's why all the desks in the mayor's house are all made of plastics and glass. Too weak to fix the budget, cause he can't move a desk!
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
Reply }
The flaw in your argument is that glass is MUCH heavier than wood. It's not about weakness anyway, it's about damage control, and energy conservation. By being lighter, the objects will be easier to move, thus conserving physical energy that can be better spent doing something productive. Also, since carbon fiber is easier to move, you are less likely to damage something trying to muscle it from point a to point b. Oh, and we must not forget the strength properties of it. Carbon fiber is stronger than steel, therefore you are less likely to damage it. And finally, unlike wood, carbon fiber doesn't wear, so you will not need to replace it once it's in place.
Reply }