Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Anyone know an Easy way to recolor faces with photoshop?
Does anyone know an Easy way to recolor faces with photoshop?Happy with a sweat
Reply }
I don't know if this feature exists in photoshop, because I use Fireworks, but it's made by the same company. I use the Replace Color tool.
Reply }
Yes I do.
Reply }
For face sets (probably would work well for sprites, too):

Isolate the skin areas with your lasso tool (I prefer magnet, but be ready to use 'backspace' a lot to get the line where you want to go X_X) or magic wand tool then go up to IMAGE --> ADJUSTMENTS --> HUE/SATURATION. Move curser until happy. Or you can blend/adjust the color output with IMAGE --> ADJUSTMENTS --> COLOR BALANCE. This allows you to choose what color family makes up the shadows, mid tone, and highlights.

I tend to stay away from REPLACE COLOR...but only because I've had some weird results with it. You may find this works better. Make sure you use your curser to select the mid tone of their face first, before sliding the transform bar.
Reply }
Yes, the easiest to use this feature IMAGE - ADJUSTMENTS - HUE/SATURATION. But even easier to work with the included tick "colorize". You can select the color that you want, and it automatically adjusts the hue on that you want, and you only determines the saturation and brightness of color.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Fog Lighting/Photoshop help. Bt255 8 8,878 02-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Bt255