Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I move tiles in play?
Like if I have a boulder tile, or want a scene where a bunch of crystals spin around the NPC, how do I make that happen without cloning the same scene for 40 frames?

Targeting tiles in general would be nice to know, so I can make Zelda bombs and stuff. :cheery:
Reply }
Look up eventing. Take a bolder tile, and make it into a sprite with your favorite image editor via cropping. Then set up a switch based move event using that sprite. Same way you get characters to talk to the npc's.

i'm not sure how to do the rotating crystal thing though, sorry.
Reply }
Well, you're talking about converting a tile into a characterset.

Taking a boulder and turning it into a characterset jisn't that hard... just tedious. After that, you can create an event and assign it the boulder characterset graphic so you can 'push' the boulder event.

As to the crystals rotating, that's just another bit of characterset editing. The RTP already has crystals that 'glow.'. But I will admit that rotating them will be a bit (cough) fun to sprite.
Reply }
I think by rotate I just meant if you had like 8 crystals like the ones in the space tile set, to then have them moving in a circle around a center point. I haven't figured out the scaling for creating animations yet, and when I tried, it really chopped up my image into uneven pieces. Is there a size I'm supposed to be using, and is the character animation/combat screen the only sizes available?
Reply }
You can either use animations OR download a particle engine and simply have the crystals as single particles rotating around a point. :)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Battle: force specific actors move to go first Eshkova 2 4,915 03-16-2020, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Eshkova