Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 My Options Menu needs help
Options_Menu Script This is the actual script, but it's almost useless without the other scripts it changes. though I think the game menu might work okay for the most part.
My Full Project Folder This is so you can see how all the scripts interact with the Options Menu...

But that's not to say it doesn't have it problems. In fact I'm coming for help with them.

1. The Fullscreen Toggle doesn't work: I don't know if it's a problem with the script or the added bonus that DerVV put in that prevents the alt+Enter function, but the toggle doesn't toggle. Just saying. Help with that is needed.

2. How do I save the changes to the Config File? I'm not sure I did it right and I think I did it wrong because of another problem I'm having. Again help in this would be great.

3. The Window.index gives me a Window_Selectable error when the index is not equal to @menu_item: Pretty self explanatory, but I'll go into more detail. I tried to set up the index of the different windows according to the setting in the config file, but it always throws me an error when I do that. Only thing that works is @menu_item or and actual integer.

4. How to change the default font color permanently? I managed to change the windowskin, but for some reason the font color will not change. Help, please...

5. I'm sure there's easier way's to do all that I've done in this script, can someone look it over and help me clean it up? < all you need to know.

6. Is there a way to change Constants from one script when you're in another? I want to the the ATOA ATB constants [Speed, and Wait] from this script, but I don't know how to do it. Can someone give me a hand? Just a simple code or something?

7. Can you make a simple true/false if statement in a script in order to turn it on/off if needed? I want to turn off a script from my options menu, but my technique[or idea] didn't work. Again can I get a hint or a general poke in the right direction?

Thank you to all that help me out... I really appreciate it.

Oh yeah, almost forgot - in the project folder provided above, you can get to the options menu by either going to the menu and going to the Quit button or you can talk to the little old lady washing her undergarments in the middle of the field. Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Thank you again in advance,
Fire
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Need help with my menu - Current issue is item grid layout LilyFrog 41 31,951 09-24-2018, 02:03 AM
Last Post: LilyFrog
   Special Items Separate Menu Diorm 41 35,411 02-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Diorm
Question  Mog Menu script: help me stop the crazy picture movement during transitions Zachariad 4 8,394 05-31-2017, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Zachariad
   XAIL MENU from RPG VX ACE to RPG XP RASHIDA12 46 43,896 05-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Last Post: RASHIDA12
Tongue  Healing Spell doesn't work right in Menu? Bounty Hunter Lani 8 10,783 01-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Bounty Hunter Lani
   Vx Ace Custom Menu help? Skitzen 1 4,817 10-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   Dargor's Large Party script and shop menu Simon Greedwell 2 5,941 08-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Simon Greedwell
   Help with Shop Menu [RPG Maker XP] JackMonty 6 11,580 05-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Last Post: JackMonty
Brick Sub-menu Tab Iqus 5 7,912 01-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Pherione
   Help with Compact Menu Selection Script JackMonty 4 6,205 09-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Last Post: JackMonty