Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 KRumors XP ACE
KRumors XP & ACE
Version 1.1.4

by Kyonides-Arkanthes

Introduction

This script lets you manage your beloved rumors! Shocked  It might look like some sort of quest book but it is not. Actually it does not offer a way to finish quests because it is all about eavesdropping! Laughing  You might get some sort of motivation to find out more about it by finding one or more items that might convince you of visiting distant places. You should know that it has implemented a reserves or reservists system, so it will never allow you to send active heroes to collect rumors. It will send extra heroes to the reserves if your current team exceeds the maximum number of party members.

Warning! You need to remove the Map Fixes script section if you are not using the HiddenChest executable. Do not forget to keep exploring the map! (And install the fonts as well. Laughing To be honest with you, you can also change the font names in the KRumors module.)

By the way, you will need to configure the rumors by editing two TXT files. Laughing + Tongue sticking out Do not forget to include the krumorsparse.rb TXT file contents in the script editor!

Side Notes

KRumors XP already includes a reserves or reservists system so it will not work with any similar system.

It is possible to setup the damage mechanism via @hurt_heroes in case you want to hurt the travelers or keep them sound. KRumors.hurt_heroes allows you to change this setting in game.

Since version 1.0.10 or so KRumors works well with a stripped down version of Kuests XP. In a future full versions of both scripts might be required but I will see if I can make it fully optional.

Screenshots

[Image: krumors021.jpg] [Image: krumors025.jpg]
[Image: krumors016.jpg] [Image: krumors026.jpg]
[Image: krumors028.jpg] [Image: krumors027.jpg]
[Image: krumors029.jpg]

Download Section

Demo and Graphics have been included!

Terms & Conditions

Well, including my name in your game credits is mandatory. If you go commercial, you got to pay me a small amount of money for crafting this script, obviously. Very happy + Tongue sticking out
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Gossip + BUMP

I have uploaded some new KRumors XP demo because Maracuyá was unable to fully test the previous version. The current demo demonstrates my script is practically finished except for some minor details like figuring out what to do with reviewed rumors whenever there is nothing left to do there. Of course, that is something I might prefer to ask you all for feedback since there might be several ways to deal with them like trashing rumors at once or creating new quests, etc. So what would you like it to do then? Got any other ideas?

Edit

Yeah, I found a minor bug that would not let the script run on vanilla RMXP games but it would work flawlessly on HiddenChest. Laughing Don't worry! I have fixed it by now!
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Bumping Because Gossips Keep Coming!

Yeah, well, I am not implying that eavesdropping is good at all Happy with a sweat but this time we could make an exception because I have updated KRumors XP in order to add two new features. The first feature consists in adding quest IDs in case you want the active team members to go on an adventure! (Obviously that will depend on what quest system you want to implement in your game. Very happy + Tongue sticking out ) The other one is nothing but a way to keep some or all of the stories included in the rumors as part of your game lore. You will be able to reread them as many times as you wish. Shocked What makes it interesting is that you will not get a whole book from the very beginning but single pages! Laughing 

Right, I almost forget to tell you I uploaded it to box web hosting site as well.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
I have updated the KRumors demo once again to include several changes in screen layout, except I did not really change graphics. Laughing + Tongue sticking out It is more data related than anything else, you know. Confused You are also able to keep track of all of the strange stories you have collected while looking for rumors aka strange version of quests. Sadly it will only show the first page... for now. Later on it should let you check out all pages and even read heroes' thoughts on the current rumor / story. Shocked

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Becoming Bumping Papparazi!

Well, this time I have finally implemented the pagination feature in the stories section, but I have not done anything regarding heroes' thoughts. Even so you can let the complementary script parse those thoughts already. Plus I have reimplemented the updating list banner of yore! Shocked

By the way, you will also notice that rumors now include the sources list so you can recall who the hell told you about any silly rumor. This also reminds me that you can get two kinds of rumors now, those that will only be accessible via your beloved rumor menu and the ones that can only be assigned via script call. You see, there is a reasoning behind this, as Maracuyá might say at some point... Sarcasm  There is nothing preventing active heroes from learning about any gross gossip that might have been lurking around lately. It is not like I want your heroes to be eavesdropping the whole time. Happy with a sweat 

Once you get a rumor, no matter how you wrote it down, it will be assigned to a specific book of sorts that will keep track of all pages related to that topic. An example would be the book entitled Critters that tells you about two strange bloodsucking monsters.  Feeling sick  We are not safe here! Confused 

And do not forget that rumors they find via the menu will also let the party earn interesting prizes or spoils or just stolen stuff! Laughing Beware! Shocked Reserves can also get slightly injured during each trip to unknown locations. Shocked

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
The Bump Got Hit by an Angry Artist!

OK, I might have exaggerated a little bit here... Laughing The thing is that I have upgraded KRumors XP once again, as usual I might admit. Laughing + Tongue sticking out Now a hero's thoughts on a rumor are fully visible, unless there is none to be displayed. Sad The only thing left to do here would be to ask you to recommend some good fonts I could freely include in my demo and games to improve readability as much as possible.

Or do you have any interesting suggestions to make? Perhaps you have got some feature requests to make here, guys... Confused

EDIT

I had to update it a couple of times already so go ahead and download the script once again! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
My script has reached the 1.0.8 already. I think KRumors is feature complete unless somebody around here says otherwise by requesting some great feature.

At some point I might add a couple of updated screenshots, but that might depend on finding a readable font that will not make me pay for it or feel like it cannot be redistributed or anything like that. So far I have included the M+ 1c Regular font...

EDIT

Yeah, I forgot to increase the tiny version of my script here... Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Actual and REAL bump to version 1.0.8.   The Lazy Scripter was too lazy to make a new bump and just edited his old one
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
The Bump Forgot it Needed to Stay Away from Flashy Troubles!

The curious truth is that I have uploaded a maintenance update of KRumors to fix, err, to prevent a game developer from getting a horrible crash in case he or she forgot to setup any rumor book or page. Actually you are supposed to setup all of the rumors as a book page by assigning a book ID and then some page ID. If you are like me and think you are quite lazy, you might have forgotten to do so. In that case the script will do its best to stop you from trying to find a non existing book and page by not showing any extra space or not trying to sort pages by ID when nil from the NilClass has no such numerical value. Happy with a sweat Thus I do recommend to get version 1.0.9 as soon as possible, unless I had uploaded a newer version of my script after I have posted this bumpy reply. Laughing

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Passing a Law to Prevent Reservists from Hitting the Bump

I know it, you know it, I have updated KRumors XP once again. Shocked Do not even try to fool me by telling me you never saw this was coming your way! Laughing + Tongue sticking out Well, now it is possible for you game developers to setup the damage mechanism via @hurt_heroes (located in your beloved KRumors module) in case you want to hurt the travelers or keep them sound. KRumors.hurt_heroes allows you to change this setting during gameplay as many times as you might ever need it.

I have been wondering if this will ever protect the bumping paparazzi or not. Laughing

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }