Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Gun Control
Gun Control

One issue that many are currently debating are the use and purchase of guns. Guns are one of the leading and most well-known weapon in cases of homicide. Though, guns are also used for recreational purposes as well.

• Do you think the government should set higher and stricter gun laws?
  • Do you think the government should ban guns all together?
  • Do you think gun controvery is over-rated?
  • Do you have any ideas of thoughts about what the world should do to lessen the crimes involving guns?

This is a mature thread. Spam will not be tolerated.
Reply }
1) That will be a toughie as a number of special interest groups will site the 'right to bear arms'. Not that any deer wears a kevlar vest mind you.

2) No (see 1). Besides, if guns were illegal then only criminals would have the guns.

3) To a degree. Knives are just as dangerous. Even moreso as homicides by stabbings are crimes of passion and it comes from multiple stab wounds in fury/anger/whatnot. I have a few friends in the Police Dept.

4) I cannot say what to do to lessen gun-related violence. Of that, I am no expert.
Reply }
Do you think the government should set higher and stricter gun laws?
If only we as a people could actually enforce it. The reality is, we can't, thus, banning them would only cause more violence as criminals now have a better shot (no pun intended) at getting weapons. It's a lose lose situation.

Do you think the government should ban guns all together?
Again, only if it could enforce it. I feel much more safe knowing that good people who have no intention on robbing people have guns (I personally own a shotgun) than having just the bad. As DerVV mentioned, there is no way of stopping the criminals from having them so you might as well have so do gooders having them too. The thing is, all the people who you are worried about having weapons already have them. Gun bans only hurt the good people.

Do you think gun controvery is over-rated?
Yes. Most of the time the government goes after Bubba and his backyard duckshredder 3000. Leave those guys alone! How many violent crimes are caused by gun enthusiasts? Practically none. Most crimes are committed with handguns. These need to be the most heavily regulated since their recreational use is limited to shooting ranges ONLY.

Do you have any ideas of thoughts about what the world should do to lessen the crimes involving guns?
I think education is the first step. Educating people on the safety and handling of guns is the most realistic thing. Violent crimes are always going to exist. Taking away the bigger weapons only means people will resort to other means, like knives. Solving the gun issue means solving the crime issue. The gun is the tool, but you need to stop the carpenter.
Reply }