Save-Point
Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Code Support (https://www.save-point.org/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill (/thread-5744.html)

Pages: 1 2

Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill - Lightness - 03-07-2016

I'm looking to implement an HP regen skill/state into my game, but have not been able to find any that are compatible with Atoa's ACBS. Has anyone ever come across one that might work with this system? The only regeneration script I've found that works with the ACBS is DerVVulfman's defend/regen script (http://save-point.org/thread-5334.html?highlight=regen). Would it be possible to modify this so that regen can be applied as a state instead of a defense perk? I would really only need the HP regen, but I guess SP regen would be a nice bonus too.

RE: Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill - RASHIDA12 - 03-07-2016

Dude, Atoa even made one in the very demo.
If I recall correctly, status number 17 is HP regen and status 18 is SP Regen.

It even has SP regen and HP regen!

RE: Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill - Lightness - 03-07-2016

Wow...I've had this script for so long and have all of my own states set up I forgot that was ever in there in the first place. How embarassing lol.

It totally does work too, thanks for reminding me about that!

EDIT: After a little more testing, I seem to be randomly getting the regen applied twice in a turn with the damage pop only appearing once, so you end up getting twice the amount restored than what the number is saying. Anyone else ever had this happen?

RE: Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill - RASHIDA12 - 03-07-2016

Yes, the counting is wrong. If you write 1% it gives you always double the number. Maybe you can have a scripter look after it because Im not a programmer.
Im sorry, I cant help ya any futher.
But I'll look on to this topic.

RE: Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill - Lightness - 03-07-2016

I guess worst case scenario I could just remove the damage pop and make the healing rate half of what I want it to be.

RE: Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill - RASHIDA12 - 03-08-2016

Yes. Der VVulfman is a actual scripter and moderator here, he had to deal a lot with the ATOA ACBS because there were many addon request regarding the scripts and many people compained about problems. You can find many topics about it. Maybe he can have a look. I've downloaded all the custom made addons for the Script so far.

Btw. tomorrow im gonna make some tests with the HP Regen bug. I will look what I can do. Keep reading this topic..

RE: Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill - Lightness - 03-08-2016

Cool, yeah I'll keep an eye on it. I did see a couple of DerVV's edits too - I was adding a passive states system the other day when I realized that confuse was totally broken when they players attacked themselves. Sure enough, there was already a fix for it. It's too bad the ACBS never got fixes for all the bugs it had, it is a great system. Can't really blame Atoa/Victor for moving on though since XP was already becoming outdated at the time.

RE: Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill - RASHIDA12 - 03-09-2016

(03-08-2016, 02:41 AM)Lightness Wrote: Cool, yeah I'll keep an eye on it. I did see a couple of DerVV's edits too - I was adding a passive states system the other day when I realized that confuse was totally broken when they players attacked themselves. Sure enough, there was already a fix for it. It's too bad the ACBS never got fixes for all the bugs it had, it is a great system. Can't really blame Atoa/Victor for moving on though since XP was already becoming outdated at the time.

It seems like they're two methods used in the Script, but im not sure. And thats the only way I can think of  it. And also, what seems to be funny is, that th text "HP" and "SP" is shown also twice like HP is reduced or regenerated twice. LOL. I never noticed it until now.

RE: Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill - Lightness - 03-09-2016

I think there are two methods because he had two levels of slip states for stacking (slip state 1 and slip state 2). If damage is on 1 and regen is on 2, you're supposed to get separate damage pops for each. Otherwise if both are on the same slip state, it will factor the damage of both and give you the end result (like if you simultaneously took 100 poison damage and regenerated 50 health, it would show 50 damage instead of both).

I haven't really done any testing with stacking yet, I wanted to finish up some other systems before coming back to this. Maybe I'll take another look at it when I get home from work.

RE: Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill - kyonides - 03-09-2016

The problem is that you will always get one of two possible results, you either get the total amount of damage-regen as a single pop up sprite or you only get one of them at a time. I really think the only way to solve this is to keep hp damage separate from sp damage. Keep in mind that damage and regen (of the same kind) use the same damage display method meaning that if one is greater than the other you will only get 1 single result. To make sure they don't take place at the same time, damage and regen should also have their own specific moments to show up on screen unless we were talking about some healing magic skill of sorts.