Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Shop Issues :P
The problem is that we shouldn't really help you with all of your requests unless you let us see what changes you made to the code. One thing would be to tell you what little drago's script offers like where the icons are placed or called from, and another to tell you what you did wrong while modifying it. We shouldn't start guessing but reading what's not working in the actual code. I hope you understand what I mean here or else I'd think I'm still falling asleep. XD

On the other hand I can easily tell you that any window would let you change its windowskin at any time by calling the following method:

@my_window.windowskin = RPG::Cache.windowskin('My Custom Windowskin')

It's probable that the script might sometimes need you to change another variable namely @windowskin_name that should be equal to a string like 'My Custom Windowskin'. The thing is that you should only call it from within the corresponding window initialize method. The self.windowskin method might also be called there but both of them will only work if placed beneath super or super(any arguments). The number of lines below the super is called doesn't really matter, but you gotta be careful, both of them need to be placed before a refresh is called.

Code:
class Window_MyWindow < Window_Selectable
  def initialize(x, y)
    super(x, y, width, height)
    # anything might go here or not
    @windowskin_name = 'Guess What Skin Goes Here'
    self.windowskin = RPG::Cache.windowskin(@windowskin_name)
    # anything might go here or not
    refresh
  end
  # more code
end
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Shop Issues :P - by LunarBerry - 11-21-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: Shop Issues :P - by kyonides - 11-21-2016, 10:13 PM
RE: Shop Issues :P - by LunarBerry - 11-22-2016, 02:19 AM
RE: Shop Issues :P - by kyonides - 11-22-2016, 03:15 AM
RE: Shop Issues :P - by LunarBerry - 11-23-2016, 02:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Sorting Items in Shop Window Melana 13 15,605 01-18-2018, 05:49 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Dargor's Large Party script and shop menu Simon Greedwell 2 6,059 08-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Simon Greedwell
   Help with Shop Menu [RPG Maker XP] JackMonty 6 11,833 05-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Last Post: JackMonty
   Something I noticed about the Advanced Shop Status Window yamina-chan 5 9,128 08-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan