Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 KItemTeachSkill
KItemTeachSkill
XP + VX + ACE + MV

by Kyonides

Introduction

Pick 1 Item and let your hero learn a New Skill based on the Actor ID or Class ID.

Side Note

If you ever want to use a single Item to make the heroes learn more than 1 Skill at a given time, use my KEquipSkills family of scripts for XP and VX. They are not identical!

For XP
Content Hidden

For VX
Content Hidden

For VX ACE and MV
Content Hidden

Terms & Conditions

Free for use in any game as long as you don't mess with this Metalhead badass! 
Due credit is mandatory.
Tell the Dog werewolf and the bounty hunter that tons of spammers are coming their way! Shocked  
That's it! Tongue sticking out
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Brand New Port & Small Maintenance Update

Starting now, you can also limit the number of Actors or Classes that can learn a Skill on RMMV!

While I was working on porting the script to RMMV, I made a little mistake in the RMVX and RMVX ACE installments of my script and only used a regex that could just catch a single number.
Now the Bug bug has been smashed to smithereens! The current version catches as many Actor or Class ID's as initially promised.

The RMXP port was unaffected by that issue so it did not require to get an update at all.

Go enjoy making your Slayne Orson Ghim heroes suffer a huge disappointment! Laughing
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Small Update!

From now on, your beloved skill teaching script also allows you to learn those skills based on a given state! Shocked

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Minor Update & Bug Fix for RMVX ACE

I modified the Window_MenuActor class to make it clear who can learn the skill and who can't!
Besides, I had also managed to smash a bug that made the game fail to display that menu window on screen.
Both Aluxes & Ralph will have to wait for another day to get some updates. Winking

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Important Update for RGSS-Based Engines!

The script now allows you to reverse the process by forgetting the skill and sending the item back to the party.

If you ever need to change the labels displayed on screen, you can go to the KItemTeach module and change the strings or symbol of the 3 or 5 first CONSTANTS you'll find right there.

For RMXP Only: It also includes a bug fix that makes sure you'll get the corresponding byproduct, an item, for consuming the original item as first intended.

4 Screenshots

Attached Files
.jpg   kitemteachskill_xp01.jpg (Size: 97.82 KB / Downloads: 3)
.jpg   kitemteachskill_xp02.jpg (Size: 101.86 KB / Downloads: 3)
.jpg   kitemteachskill_vx01.jpg (Size: 72.58 KB / Downloads: 3)
.jpg   kitemteachskill_ace01.jpg (Size: 71.06 KB / Downloads: 3)

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }