Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 RandomReward
RandomReward
XP + VX + ACE

by Kyonides

Introduction

Just as the script's name clearly implies, it allows you to set some sort of reward lotto into motion by using a single script call.

After it has granted the reward to the player, you can press the OK or Cancel button to return to the map. It could also close itself if no input is given.

How Does it Work?

You just need a simple script call to open the Reward scene.

Code:
now_reward([Type, ID, Amount], [:g, Amount], etc.)

Available Types: :i for Item, :w for Weapon, :a for Armor, :g for Gold

Example:
Code:
now_reward([:i,1,5],[:i,2,3],[:w,1,1],[:w,25,1],[:g,2000])

6 Snapshots

Terms & Conditions

Free for use in ANY game. Gamer
Due credit is mandatory.
Include a link to this post in your Credits text file.
That's it! Tongue sticking out

Attached Files
.jpg   randomreward_xp01.jpg (Size: 91.17 KB / Downloads: 8)
.jpg   randomreward_xp02.jpg (Size: 90.93 KB / Downloads: 8)
.jpg   randomreward_vx01.jpg (Size: 84.81 KB / Downloads: 8)
.jpg   randomreward_vx02.jpg (Size: 84.91 KB / Downloads: 8)
.jpg   randomreward_ace01.jpg (Size: 75.8 KB / Downloads: 7)
.jpg   randomreward_ace02.jpg (Size: 74.71 KB / Downloads: 7)
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
The XP demo is crashing, when you talk to the pink haired girl.
Reply }
Script Bug Bug Fix + More Customization!

Oops! Oopsie! I didn't notice that the Viewport class had no width method by default...
But don't worry about it! Winking It's been fixed already!

From now on, the Editor script allows you to set the Y coordinate of the window you see on screen plus the font's name and size of your reward message.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Script Updated Once Again!

Version 1.1.0 comes with 2 brand new features:

1. Events can now "get" random rewards, too.
Happy with a sweat Well, it just simulates that they actually did at least.

Example:

Code:
now_reward(:e, 3, [:w, 8, 1], [g:, 470], [:i, 12, 1])

There Event #3 will pretend it got the reward.

2. The reward system itself can be Thief rigged from the very beginning! Shocked

Here is an example of a rigged system:

Code:
now_reward(1, [:w, 8, 1], [g:, 470], [:i, 12, 1])

In the example above you can see how the player will always get the gold reward in position 1 aka the second reward.

Side Note:

Happy with a sweat I had to develop this rigged game feature while developing my short game Just Another Crisis: The Shutdown. Curiously, the one getting that reward was the RTP character Ghost aka Ghost-o in my game.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Maintenance Update

I was in need of fixing a bug in the VX ACE port that had been reported by some forumer concerning the call of an instance method from a class method aka singleton method. Since that is not supposed to ever work, I moved the call to the main method and now it runs smoothly.
Feel free to download the demo again! Winking

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }