Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 RandomSkillKost
RandomSkillKost
XP + VX + ACE

by Kyonides

Introduction

This script allows you to set a range of percentages that could be randomly selected by the system at the beginning of the party selection stage.

That percentage will be speedily applied to the actual Skill's Cost ONLY IF either the actor or the enemy trooper contracts a disease, what this script calls the COST_STATE.

As long as that specific state remains, the hero or trooper will not spend the normal amount of SP unless they get really lucky or the effects of the state finally wear off.

This is what you need to configure:

In RMXP

Code:
module RandomSkill
  # Set a Range of Percentages
  COST_PERCENT = -20...20
  COST_STATE = 24
end

In VX & VX ACE

Code:
module RandomSkill
  COST_STATE = 24
# Some internal code here
end

Once you've picked a state ID, go leave a note in the notebox. Here's an example:

Code:
<random skill cost -10..35>

That means that it could end up being any number between -10 and 35, including both values.

The rest is taken care of by the system. Winking

Terms & Conditions

Free for use in ANY game.
Due credit is mandatory.
That's it! Tongue sticking out
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Script Update

I noticed that the script allowed you to keep changing the random skill cost by just going back to the party command selection stage. Well, not anymore! Laughing

The only way to enable that again would be by turning on the game switch set to the REPEAT_COST_CALC_SWITCH constant found in the RandomSkill module.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }