Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 Destiny of End
The game's working title is Destiny of End. 

Let's begin this post with some characters!  Grinning

THE MAIN CHARACTERS:

Name: Ikuno

Class: Crimson Monk
[Image: v8Pc00p.jpg]

A man with no last name, signifying the dropping of his old persona. He was a ruthless swordsman who has since put his blades away.
A master of the dual-blade, he quickly became a horror to face on the battlefield. 
Even with just his fists and feet, he is still a force to be feared. 

[Image: lggmCSj.jpg]
(Chibi version made with chibimaker.org)

[Image: nRubsDF.png]
(In-game Face graphic)

Name: Tina Zarell

Class: Fighter
[Image: FmALi7q.jpg]
A young girl whose father died a few years ago. She values her family and her religion closely, and has lived with only her mother since her father's passing.
Trained by her mother in the art of swordplay, she ventures into the mountains after hearing unusual noises coming from that direction. 
The decision changes everything for her as she learns some very vital truths...

[Image: 0nWvkHp.jpg]

[Image: N91dQwd.png]
(In-game Face graphic)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Sheena

Class: Light Mage

[Image: CLbysyy.jpg]
Secretive of her last name, age, weight, and anything else you can think of, Sheena is still a trustworthy person.
She is a gifted mage that wishes to end the controlling regime of Karula and his ever-growing empire.
Capable of using high-level White and Black magics, her true capabilities are completely untested.

[Image: U8Bvp42.jpg]

[Image: P7inOgL.png]
(In-game Face graphic)

Name: Pipsqueak

Class: Gladiator
[Image: IPjKxVZ.jpg]
A man of battle, and former comrade of Ikuno when they still served Karula's army.
He was so strong, he was invited to join Karula's personal Royal Guard, but declined when Ikuno did, and got bored after Ikuno left.
Since then, he's beaten people in the arena, periodically changing his name to unmenacing names to lull new opponents into a false sense of security before the battle.
Unfortunately, the name changes must be LEGAL name changes, as per Arena rules. And, under Karula law, name changes stick for at least 2 years after each change. So he'll be Pipsqueak for a while.

[Image: ANgbRj9.jpg]

[Image: YXCp18R.png]
(In-game Face graphic)

Name: Szayel Karula

Class: King/Emperor
[Image: HcuArmF.jpg]
(This is a temporary image for him, I didn't know it was a rip from a game)
Generally unpopular, he couldn't care less about what people think of him. He takes what he wants when he wants it, and assassination attempts are commonplace.
He rules the Karula Kingdom, which he renamed after himself when he ascended the throne after his father's death. A true narcissist, he wishes to have the full Kerai continent to himself.
War has broken out, and his only friend is the small nation of Rumari's dangerous leader.
Karula already fancies himself Emperor of Kerai, much to the chagrin of the whole continent.

[Image: LQgqd5h.png]

STORY:

There will be 4 story arcs spanning across 3 of the world's continents. 

Each story arc is very long and different from the other, with new goals to be achieved! (And new enemies to beat the crud out of you!)

The story starts off with Tina and Ikuno looking for a woman known only as "She" and her group of fairly inactive anti-Karula rebels. 

Their main mission is to break into Karula's castle at the capital city of Bline while his army is out to battle using the rebels' help, and persuade Karula himself to halt the expansion of his influence over Kerai.

When they finally meet "She" in the center of the Elka Desert, they find that she is alone. 
What happened, and why...?

TRIALS:
(I don't have a name for these Trials yet, so they're just called "Trials" for now)

After defeating certain bosses throughout the game, you may return to the "Trials" entrance and select a dungeon with a more powerful version of that boss.

The new versions are far cries of their original versions' powers! They're no lazy copy-pastes with better stats. They'll have slightly changed sprites, as well as an original battle theme to go along with the Trials!
Even the dead have their day. Don't let your souls be taken by these beasts!

Level recommendations will be included with any Trial before being undertaken, so it'd be best to watch out for those. 

OPTIONAL ALLIES:

There will be 17 total optional allies, but you may only hire 4 of them total. 
Many require you to complete sidequests to use them, and all have unique skills and their own personalities.
Some have transformations, others have powerful skills the main party cannot use, and a few are even Summoners!

An example of a picture that would come up during the recruitment stage for a new character:

[Image: hJUuxLG.jpg]
An example of a quest to obtain a character would be saving Ascher's hometown from... somethings? Someones? Peoples? Things? I won't spoil it  Tongue sticking out

Once you have obtained 4 optional allies, you may still do any sidequests required to obtain a new recruit, but you cannot hire the character after completion of the quest. 

Some optional allies do unlock other optional allies, so choose carefully whom you recruit! There are a lot of awesome secret characters out there!

REQUEST BOARD:

There is a Request Board that oftentimes has enemies that need to be defeated. 
Since many of the game's enemies are generally humans, many of the game's monsters turn up during Requests. And the monsters are usually no pushovers, either!

The Request Board's selections will look like the following, with 7 stars being the highest:

[Image: gfO11nK.jpg]

After speaking to the requester and accepting their Request, you will get a screen divulging information on the Request you've accepted. 

The info screen will look something like this:

[Image: 00EkTxj.png]

Lower requests unlock higher ones, of course, and you also need a good enough Request Rank to accept higher ones as well. 

Requests are different by town as well, and since the game is using a World Map, it shouldn't be TOO big of a deal to backtrack to older towns and check for any new ones you've unlocked. You're not likely to be getting a Request from all the way across the continent to slay a giant demon poodle if the requester isn't affected by it at all, so Requests are usually nearby.  Blushing + Cheery 

Some scripts in use:
Charlie Fleed's CTB
Animated Battlers
Damage Limiter (Sounds basic, but some games don't actually have this and get pretty broken after a while)
Magey Mage Spellbooks
Minimap
Battle Transition Speed and Graphic Change
And many, many more!

[Image: 4kBhcP4.jpg]
(Ikuno is smaller in this picture, because he's on the World Map!)

Speaking of the World Map, this is the first Continental Map.
A map of the Kerai ContinentGrinning

Without rivers:
[Image: 1RTGhFl.png]

With rivers: 
[Image: qDonp05.png]

Don't ask about the color choices. Cartographers can be weird, like the one who made this map Sarcasm  
...  Tongue sticking out 

The "Unknown" areas are areas that are way too unsafe for a silly little cartographer to go. And no known person has ever made it through the big "?" area and come back alive to tell the tale. SPOOOOKY~  Laughing 

Destiny of End is a boat trip of emotions, ranging from happy and triumphant, to the deepest of sadnesses. Fun is commonplace, but not all good things last.
Something to remember. 

[Image: lUtsvD1.jpg]

More details will be revealed eventually, but this is it for now.  Blushing + Cheery

As is the case with many things in their early stages, many details are subject to change.
However, much about the main characters will likely not change, except some design changes and edits to Dollmage's pre-made assets.

COMPLETION TOTALS (As of April 12, 2020):

Story writing: 96%
Mapping: 10%
Spriting: 10%
Image creation: 15%
Character creation/ Character mapping: 85%
Script implementation: 70%
Stuff I can't think of right now: ???%

NOTE:
I need some people who can help me out with some things!
Mainly: Down sprites, kneel sprites, battlers, original soldier graphics, insignia, music, etc.

I've been working on this by myself for a LONG time, and I've made a lot of stuff on my own, found a lot on my own, but I think it's about time I got some REAL original stuff, right?  [Image: happy.gif] 

So if you want to help out, please let me know! (And give me a sample of any work you've done)
I will give you instructions, depending on what it is you want to do. Time isn't really something I'm worried about, but please make sure you're not just stealing crud from the internet if you do stuff. I do have eyes and Google, my friend.
The project is now a Commercial project, and a Patreon will be coming soon™, so if you're interested, do let me know.  [Image: confused.gif] 

Contact me in a PM for this, please not on here.  Thank you.
[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Director.png]

Destiny of End Thread: http://save-point.org/thread-5585.html
Destiny of End Twitter: https://twitter.com/DestinyofEnd
Destiny of End Youtube: (Coming soon)
Reply }
Sounds like a lot of work, but at least you have the story mostly done. Also, Pipsqueak is definitely the man.
Reply }
(09-19-2015, 05:20 PM)MetalRenard Wrote: Sounds like a lot of work, but at least you have the story mostly done. Also, Pipsqueak is definitely the man.

Pipsqueak is pretty great  Laughing + Tongue sticking out

It is a lot of work, but I don't mind  Happy

As a solo project, I wasn't expecting it to be easy at all, but it has been going much more smoothly than I had thought it would-- even after all of the data corruptions I've experienced when I started working before. I'll have a few more details to release tomorrow that I forgot to mention today. I'll let everyone see what's already here first  Blushing + Cheery

Reply }
I vote for the Glad. obviously idk anything about the story but I think he's going to be the shit.
Reply }
Great to hear about this project, Good luck!
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }
Thanks, everyone!  Blushing + Cheery

Pipsqueak is a beast who takes hits like they're nothing, and he's also the only one in the party with a revival skill as well.  Winking

Story-wise, he's pretty important as well. As is in his description, he could've made it as one of Karula's Royal Guards, and those guys and gals are beasts in their own right.  Confused
Glad to see he's already got some fans  Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Reply }
TIME FOR MORE DETAILS!

There is a Request Board that oftentimes has enemies that need to be defeated. 
Since many of the game's enemies are generally humans, many of the game's monsters turn up during Requests. And the monsters are usually no pushovers, either!

The Request Board's selections will look like the following , with 7 stars being the highest:
Request Board

After speaking to the requester and accepting their Request, you will get a screen divulging information on the Request you've accepted. 

They'll look something like this:
Request Info

These are just some that I mocked up in a few minutes, but the concept is the same.  Tongue sticking out

Lower requests unlock higher ones, of course, and you also need a good enough Request Rank to accept higher ones as well. 

Requests are different by town as well, and since the game is using a World Map, it shouldn't be TOO big of a deal to backtrack to older towns and check for any new ones you've unlocked. You're not likely to be getting a Request from all the way across the continent to slay a giant demon poodle if the requester isn't affected by it at all, so Requests are usually nearby.  Blushing + Cheery 

Reply }
Finishing up implementation of basic healing items.   Blushing + Cheery
More details on the game, including story details, will be revealed on Sunday.

For now, I have a bigger concern... 
Is anyone else having problems seeing the pictures? Because they come up as broken for me now  Confused

If the pictures are already gone, then I'll just use a different image hosting thing, because it's only been... less than a week?
Does anyone have any recommendations on which I should use?

Reply }
Looks really good! Well, when I could see the images also. :P
Maybe you should use ImageShack?
Reply }
Fixed the broken images. Tongue sticking out

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb  Eternal Destiny Remake Updated 11/8/2014 Bug fix Rose Guardian 6 9,669 11-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Rose Guardian