Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Kuests XP
Kuests XP

version 0.9.1

by Kyonides-Arkanthos

Introduction

This is another quest system that pretends to show all quest related info in a "non-regular RPG maker window" environment, meaning it won't display a single common window on screen but some sort of spriteset and background pictures to make it look different, a little bit more ancient if possible. This one is based on a previous work that I stopped developing back in 2012 that included all ye old windows being displayed all over the screen.

Features
  • Quest name
  • Quest difficulty label

• Quest final score
  • Repeatable quests
  • You can either complete quests or fail to complete it
  • You might need to meet people or rescue them
  • You need to kill monsters, find items, deliver items
  • You would prefer to make sure specific heroes are still alive at the end of your mission
  • Chronometer or time limit
  • Minimum amount of Gold in purse at the end of your mission
  • You may earn prizes like items, weapons, armors, gold or points. It is possible to convince a new hero to join your ranks.
It may include some Requirements like:
  • Minimum and Maximum party leader levels
  • Number of Previous Completed Quests

Localization

So far my script has been localized in English, Spanish, German and my conlang Kexyana. Perhaps Ahzoh might want to try to add some Arkhean or Vrkhazhian localization just for fun.

DEMO

English version
Spanish version
German version
- Partially translated
Kexyana version - Partially translated, made for fun
Other Conlangs might be taken in consideration

FAQs

Q: Why doesn't the font show up? Why does the font disappear?
A: Perhaps I forgot to mention that the script is setup to make use of a particular font named Diploma, I forgot to include it in the package. Diploma is a free distributable font. It should be found in the same location as the demo.

Credits

To me, obviously, since I'm the scripter in charge but also to Melana for partial translations to German, to Nyakuya (also informally known as Maracuyá) for image editing and bitbox.com for providing some texture freebies.

Terms Of Use

Free to use in non commercial games if given proper credit.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
I tried it out, but when I enter the active quests menu the font in the whole game is disappearing.

But beside that i looks cool already. :)
Reply }
Thank you for your report. I already fixed that by including the corresponding font in the same download folder. Keep in mind that the font the script uses can be changed at anytime if you edit the DEFAULT_FONTNAME constant string value.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Another Bump Is Chasing Chicks!
(Or people interested in scripts at least...)

A new version of Kuests XP (0.9.0) is already available in English and Spanish!

Basically this version includes a new Future Quests aka Available Bounty Quests menu that looks pretty much like the complete menu and some slight modifications of other parts of my script. The only catch is that it's still impossible to accept a new Bounty Quest. Just check the updated instructions on my script for more info.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
The Bump Is Kind Of Lazy Today

(Or people interested in scripts at least...)

A new version of Kuests XP (0.9.1) is already available in English, Spanish and German!

This one is merely a much needed update that may allow you to accept bounty quests (future quests available at that specific time) but the only indicator available so far is the OK sound or the Buzzer if the quest was previously accepted. I have no idea what kind of sprite might be good enough to tell the player that mission was accepted. Submissions are welcome!

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Kuests Dynamis kyonides 5 1,325 01-11-2023, 10:44 PM
Last Post: kyonides