Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 KUnits XP VX ACE GOSU
KUnits XP & VX & ACE & Gosu
2017 Version

by Kyonides-Arkanthos

Introduction

It's a simple script that lets you change your current team during gameplay.

Check the script comments to learn more about it.

Screenshots for both XP and VX and ACE

[Image: NxpVFHG.png] [Image: 3lu8QNO.png]
[Image: Ia1TzZt.png] [Image: zm75fJF.png]
[Image: Pc2QnER.png] [Image: vT5fOdV.png]
[Image: cGTPis4.png] [Image: xmzetLY.png]
[Image: NLBqfhr.png] [Image: VqR1Fyc.png]
[Image: kunitsgosulinux07.png]

Script & Demo

DOWNLOAD HERE

You may also download KUnits Gosu by clicking HERE

Terms & Conditions

For non commercial games only if given proper credit.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
I'm too sleepy to think about any BUMP right now

Guess what, I had to update my KUnits XP script to include a few minor fixes and include a curious feature to the Change or Assign Party menu, now you will see the selected actor move his feet in step animation mode while the rest will look kind of pale. At the beginning I thought they should look stone-ish but I thought that might let you think they're unavailable so I felt like changing it a bit. By the way, you can configure it to use a background picture if you prefer or set the maximum number of actor columns available if needed. Plus I finally added a scene transition to make it look more interesting, you may also watch how a new message box shows up telling you the game is locating the next team!

I got to tell you that the menu still is incomplete, but you can make suggestions so I can add as many useful features as possible.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Here comes a stormy BUMP!

Yeah, it's raining as if the ocean would be right above me, it's a bit creepy I guess...

Anyway, I've got to tell you that I've updated KUnits XP several times since Sunday, now it will allow you to show other team leaders on the map from the beginning if their starting map ID is the same as the player's. Of course, it's not necessary to do so, it's completely optional. I've also implemented a few other featurettes like modifying the way the Scene_KUnits look like now, but I still need to get more ideas on how to improve it since it's quite simplistic... By the way, in the near(?) future events might let you make other team leaders interact with your current team leader, I think it's half done so far.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Not a rainy BUMP this time!

From this update onwards players will be capable of interacting with other party leaders on the map if they are setup as map events without a page graphic. Those specific events should never be placed on passable tiles! My script will automatically create the event where it's needed, but keep in mind it will be moved to that team leader's last location. You also need to now that you can change the leader's corresponding event during gameplay as well.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Don't cry for BUMPs, Forumers!

Now my KUnits XP script lets you apply changes to your teams or revert them, even if the maximum number of teams is not equal to the previous maximum... Poor rejected teams, they automatically become outcasts! (Not that I would cry for them anyway...)

There's a script call that must be used before you enter the Change Unit Menu that will let you setup a hero to make mandatory to add him to a specific team. You can event use it a few times in a row to setup more than a single hero! Just remember how many times you had to accept a newbie or a mercenary because of this while playing a commercial game. Now you can do the same if you include my script in your game project.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Applying for a new BUMP now!

I'm here once again to let you know that I applied a small patch to avoid the player double or triple assigning a single hero to one or more teams, it was caused by letting the player choose the next hero freely either by pressing left or right button. Now it'll skip those that were already assigned to a group. That's how my script reached version 1.0.1 a few moments ago.

Version 1.0.1
[Image: yTJds3M.png] [Image: UxNubwj.png]

Version 1.0.2
[Image: lldjAya.png] [Image: 95xyRvr.png]

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Tested your tech demo. If I try to load the save in slot 3, this error occurs:

Line 137: NoMethodError
Undefine Method 'map' for Nil:NilClass

With that out of the way, the only issue I saw was that the "grey out" effect on characters who have already been assigned does not show up well against a black background. A medium to dark blue background would probably provide the best contrast for that visual effect.
The most important lesson I learned from AD&D is this: Trolls are best killed with fire.

[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
Reply }
Actually I want to let you all know that I also posted a new screenshot with a background picture just in case people like it... I also reuploaded the game demo and the plain text file with the script just in case something else was missing.

@lestat3179:
That's not a bug to be honest, it's just an old saved data file that didn't include all new stuff found in version 1.0.x at all, so just delete the old saved data files and you will be fine for sure.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Okay. Didn't know if it was that, or if there might be an issue in how event variables are being saved.
The most important lesson I learned from AD&D is this: Trolls are best killed with fire.

[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
Reply }
A BUMP Shot But No Arrow Was Found In The Surroundings

Here's a brand new screenshot that was taken right after I updated my script to version 1.0.3 a few minutes ago...

[Image: nlbFlBt.png]

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   KScenario XP & Gosu kyonides 30 20,781 03-04-2024, 01:11 AM
Last Post: kyonides