Save-Point
AnimBat! - Animated Battlers - Comprehensive - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: AnimBat! - Animated Battlers - Comprehensive (/thread-2566.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Yin - 01-04-2012

Oh My Goodness, YES! I always hated working with the full sprite sheet, when it gets too big, it slows slower computers down. Now I don't have to convert the rest of my sprite strips to sprite sheets! Perfect! Thank you Dervvulfman, I knew my nagging would pay off at some point in time Very happy + Tongue sticking out

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 01-04-2012

Like I said in IRC, it was something I wanted to add. I just had to finish a couple other things first. So by now, it has to be virtually complete. Famous last words. I said that three years and 70 updates ago.

Oh, and nagging only goes so far. I could be forced to use your real name, right? Laughing + Tongue sticking out Kidding. Winking

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 01-08-2012

BUMP

to version 13.8

A fix has been added to the system in regards of Ccoa Sprite Strips. If a sprite strip file is not in your battlers folder, the system will use the initial battler as a substitute. As an example, if you have a 'Fred' battler, it attempts to use a defend pose (aka Fred_defend). But if the folder does not contain a Fred_defend.png file, the system will use the default Fred.png battler as a substitute.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - orochii - 06-13-2012

Hello, I encountered a bug when using Ccoa-style spritesheets. When you attack, the offset between battlers is wrong (it leaves a huge space between them). For example, my battler attack animation is 576x96. I checked that it is taken into account, since Estelle (the example Ccoa spritesheet included in the demo) is smaller (340x85) and is closer to the target when attacking.
And so, I did a small fix for that. Instead of:
Code:
@battler_offset = @width * 0.75
I used:
Code:
if ccoa_flag
  @battler_offset = (@width * 0.5)#-poseframe#@width / @height * 0.75
else
  @battler_offset = @width * 0.75
end
I observed too that the @width value from Ccoa sprites is not the same than other sprites @width. But using poseframe instead of @width caused that the sprite were too much at the left (probably the @width value is used wrongly again at other place).

I thank you Dervv and Minkoff, since I really like this add-on. I like that it can be used with almost any battle system.

Cheers,
Orochii Zouveleki

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - hanetzer - 12-25-2012

May be deadposting, sorry if it is.
I am interested in using the minkoff system in my game, but every link I find/follow tends to be dead or otherwise inaccessable.
In particular, any fileden link I follow throws me a 403 forbidden.
Thanks in advance!

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - kyonides - 12-25-2012

I recall a conversation with DerVVulfman regarding this issue, the thing is that fileden is supposed to be under maintenance so every single file stored there is blocked. He's been looking for a replacement to be able to upload all of his stuff to the cloud once again. So be patient, sooner or later they'd fix the link.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - hanetzer - 12-25-2012

So it is. I just caught word of that on the IRC. I would suggest dropbox, its pretty good. You get 2 gigs to start, 2.5 if you are referred by an existing member, and can gain a quick 3 gigs by uploading (even if you delete them afterwards) 2.5 gigs worth of images. I only joined about 2 months ago and already have 10+gigs of storage for free.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 12-30-2012

My filesharing site is back up, and so are all the demos. Happy Downloading.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - kyonides - 12-30-2012

I hope you don't think to leave the potential customers of this script to experience the same inconvenience if the file sharing website is down ever again. Are you posting mirror links here, too?

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - hanetzer - 01-11-2013

Hmm, been playing with this a bit, have a few questions/feature requests

1. I set the DEFAULT_COLLAPSE_ENEMY to true, resulting in a red-out and lingering sprite. Is there a way to set
this up so the enemy red-outs then fades similar to FF7? Also, would it be possible to have two classes of
enemies, monsters and npcs, so monsters could red-out but npcs use the collapse animation?

2. I noticed you can have animations with different number of frames, if I use this option do I have to use the
same number of frames in a sheet for all poses? Example, default is 4 frames, but if I want, for example,
Cloud's victory pose, I would need more than that, say 8-10. Would I need to increase the number of frames for
the other 10 poses to the same number? [EDIT] Seems the Ccoa spritestrip setup would be what I need here, no?

3. The battlers seem to have a bit of a fade-out as they approach the enemy, can this be disabled? [EDIT] Nevermind, found the value.

4. How would I use this with a visual equipment system?