03-31-2025, 05:13 AM
USA
Quote:The U.S. will launch military attacks on Iran if Tehran does not engage in talks with Washington on limiting its nuclear program, President Donald Trump said on Sunday, after Iran's foreign minister dismissed direct contact between the two countries.
...
The president told reporters on Friday that "very bad things" will happen to Iran, should Tehran refuse to "talk it out" with Washington, against a backdrop of deepening fears of a possible military confrontation between Iran and the U.S.
What To Know
Trump told NBC on Sunday that if the Iranian regime did not "make a deal" with the White House, "there will be bombing."
"It will be bombing the likes of which they have never seen before," the president said.
In separate remarks on Sunday, Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian said Tehran had "rejected" direct negotiations between its government and the Trump administration, but stressed that "that the path for indirect negotiations remains open."
U.S. and Iranian officials are "talking," Trump said on Sunday.
Abbas Araghchi, Iran's foreign minister, told state media on Thursday that Iran had responded to Trump's missive via Oman, but did not elaborate on the contents of the reply. The answer "fully laid out" Iran's stance, Araghchi said.
Iran has repeatedly said it will not engage with the U.S. on nuclear talks while facing "maximum pressure and military threats."
Trump last month unveiled a new raft of sanctions designed to exert "maximum pressure on the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran," cut Tehran off from access to a nuclear weapon and to curtail "Iran's malign influence abroad."
Trump's national security adviser, Mike Waltz, indicated earlier this month that "all options are on the table" to head off Iran's path to being a nuclear state. But Steve Witkoff, Trump's Middle East envoy, pushed for diplomatic negotiations rather than military solutions.
Quote:The entrance to the Republican Party of New Mexico’s headquarters was set on fire and defaced with graffiti in an alleged arson attack Sunday morning, authorities and Republican officials said.
The Albuquerque Fire Department has opened an arson investigation after flames broke out at the site just before 6 a.m. near where anti-Immigration and Customs Enforcement graffiti was discovered.
The words ‘ICE = KKK’ were sprayed onto the side of the building in red paint, leading many GOP members to believe the fire was a politically motivated arson attack.
“We are deeply relieved that no one was harmed in what could have been a tragic and deadly attack. Those who resort to violence to undermine our state and nation must be held accountable, and our state leaders must reinforce through decisive action that these cowardly attacks will not be tolerated,” Republican Party of New Mexico Chairwoman Amy Barela said in a statement.
Firefighters were able to put out the blaze in just five minutes, limiting the flames to the entryway and preventing further damage to the Republican party HQ.
At the time of the attack, three Trump 2024 posters were featured in the front window, with additional ones posted inside the building’s walls.
The Democratic Party of New Mexico and its leaders were quick to condemn the vandalism, but had no comment regarding the fire.
“There is no excuse for political violence or vandalism of any kind, and I strongly condemn Sunday’s attack on the New Mexico Republican Party headquarters in Albuquerque. I am relieved that no one was hurt, and New Mexicans can rest assured that State Police and the Fire Marshal’s Office will assist the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms as needed during the investigation,” Democratic New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham said in a statement.
Quote:A bombshell report from a clean energy group admitted that shifting to solar and wind may mean chaos for New York’s power grid as the state’s green energy law creates hurdles for cost and reliability.
The report from the New York Affordable Clean Power Alliance, which represents solar and wind energy firms, noted that the state’s timetable to phase out energy generated by fossil fuel is unrealistic — and even dangerous.
“The New York City area is forecasted to experience a generation shortfall starting in 2033, driven by an increase in peak demand and the planned retirement of existing dispatchable generation,” the report said.
“New York faces hurdles in maintaining reliability due to ambitious renewables targets, the projected retirement of much of its flexible fossil generation fleet, growing load, and extreme weather,” the report said.
The “intermittent nature” of wind and solar could create “challenges,” the report said.
“Unlike fossil fuel plants, which provide dispatchable generation around the clock, renewables depend on weather conditions, making real-time supply and demand balancing more complex,” the report said.
New York’s Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act of 2019 approved by then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the legislature requires the state and its energy producers and consumers to move away from fossil fuels by slashing gas emissions by 40% by 2030 with the goal of achieving 100% zero-carbon-emission electricity by 2040.
The report cited a host of problems that has slowed down progress for ramping up renewables — including inflation-fueled supply chain issues; material and labors that have driven up costs; and delayed construction timelines for renewable wind and solar infrastructure.
Quote:There’s the “Rose Garden” strategy — and then there’s the “Cuo Garden” strategy.
Ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo is running a “Rose Garden” strategy in his comeback bid for mayor, keeping his interactions with the public and press to a minimum, an anti-Cuomo group claims.
“Andrew Cuomo plays the tough guy, but apparently he’s too scared to take a question from a voter. This guy claims he’s a crisis manager, but he’s not willing to answer any difficult questions about how he would actually do the job,” said Lauren Hitt, a spokesperson for the anti-Cuomo group New Yorkers for Better Leadership.
Front-runner Cuomo entered the campaign nearly a month ago and his camp dismissed the accusation as nonsense.
The term “Rose Garden” campaign was first used by then-Democrat candidate Jimmy Carter in the 1976 presidential election as an attack on incumbent Gerald Ford.
Carter accused Ford of running a “Rose Garden strategy” to get himself free publicity by signing bills into law and making pronouncements — using the prestige of his office to create PR opportunities without having to face scrutiny.
Similarly, Cuomo’s public exposure has been extremely limited, Hitt claimed.
She said Cuomo should be confronted more directly over his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly the controversial order directing COVID-infected hospital patients into nursing homes, and various scandals that could dog him if elected mayor.
“Won’t Cuomo’s baggage get in the way of running the City? We won’t waste time trying to figure out what on earth an ‘emotional romantic relationship’ is, but it is clear the former governor continues to be dogged by lawsuits and other scandals,” said Hitt, referring to The Post’s bombshell story last week about Cuomo’s relationship with former top aide and adviser Melissa DeRosa.
Quote:The Wisconsin Supreme Court declined on Sunday to hear a case brought against billionaire Elon Musk by the Midwestern state's Attorney General Josh Kaul, a Democrat, over payments that the world's wealthiest man has offered to individuals who sign an election-related petition.
Why It Matters
The April 1 Supreme Court election in Wisconsin will determine whether the state remains under 4-3 liberal control or flip to a conservative majority, which could have implications for a range of issues for the state.
The tight nature of the race has turned it into a lightning rod for the national political temperature, turning it into a major test of how the electorate feels about President Donald Trump's second administration.
What To Know
An emergency petition against Musk, who had offered $2 million dollars in a giveaway to voters who signed an online petition against "activist" judges, with payouts of $1 million to each of two winners on Sunday at a rally ahead of the election.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court's decision to not hear Kaul's case was unanimous after two lower courts had already rejected the challenge.
Kaul's request was first shut down by Columbia County Circuit Judge Andrew Voigt and then by an appellate court on Saturday, effectively giving Musk the go-ahead.
Trump and Musk have backed Waukesha County Judge Brad Schimel, while Democrats have backed Dane County Judge Susan Crawford. Two groups backed by Musk have already spent more than $20 million on Schimel's campaign, and Democratic donors including George Soros and Illinois Governor JB Pritzker have given millions to support Crawford.
Kaul filed a lawsuit on Friday trying to block Musk's payments on the basis that his offer is against a state law which makes it a felony to give voters anything of value in exchange for them voting.
INTERNATIONAL
Quote:Satellite images show collapsed buildings in Myanmar following the devastating 7.7 magnitude earthquake that struck the country on Friday.
Why It Matters
The earthquake hit Myanmar and Thailand with an epicenter near Mandalay, Myanmar's second largest city, followed shortly by another 6.4 magnitude quake and a 5.1 magnitude aftershock early Sunday morning.
The ongoing civil war in the country has increased the difficulty in rescue and recovery efforts.
What To Know
Initial reports described buildings toppled and casualties unknown, with the United States Geological Survey (USGS) warning that between 10,000 and 100,000 people could have died. As of Saturday, the confirmed death toll was reported as over 1,600 people and an additional 3,400 injured, according to The Associated Press.
Images provided by Planet Labs PBC show an overview of a temple complex and the surrounding area of the city along the banks of the Irrawaddy River. The images show the before (left) and after (right) of the city.
President Donald Trump on Friday offered U.S. support for the recovery effort, even as critics warn that his administration's cuts to foreign aid could impede the response.
Locals continue to search through collapsed buildings and rubble, trying to find and rescue survivors.
Quote:Palestinian militant group Hamas has accepted a ceasefire proposal from regional negotiators, the organization said on Saturday, as Israel said it pushed back on the terms with a "counter-proposal" backed by the U.S.
Why It Matters
Renewed Israeli air and ground attacks on Gaza earlier in March shattered two months of fragile calm in the territory and killed hundreds of people, according to Hamas-run authorities in the strip. The Israeli military has said its fresh attacks have killed several high-ranking Hamas officials.
What To Know
A first-stage ceasefire was agreed in January, under intense pressure from the then-incoming President Donald Trump administration. The restarting of military operations in Gaza threw the future of the hard-won pause into jeopardy.
The deal halted 15 months of war in Gaza that destroyed the densely-populated territory. Israel launched extensive ground and air operations on the strip after Hamas carried out its unprecedented attacks on Israel on October 7, 2023, killing approximately 1,200 people and taking a further 251 hostage inside Gaza. 59 hostages are believed to still be in Gaza, and 24 of those held in the strip are thought to be alive.
...
Hamas said on Saturday that it had accepted a new proposal from Cairo and Doha to stop fighting in the enclave.
"Two days ago, we received a proposal from the mediators in Egypt and Qatar," said Hamas chief, Khalil al-Hayya. "We dealt with it positively and accepted it."
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said in a statement on Saturday that the country had submitted a "counter-proposal" to the ceasefire mediators "in full coordination" with the Trump administration.
Reuters reported on Monday that Egypt had put forward a fresh proposal, under which Hamas would release five hostages still held in Gaza each week, citing anonymous security sources.
After the first week, Israel would implement a second phase of the ceasefire, according to the report. The proposal also reportedly included a timeline for all of the hostages to be released and for Israel to fully withdraw its military from Gaza.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9
Maranatha!
The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.
![[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]](https://www.save-point.org/images/userbars/SP1-Scripter.png)
![[Image: SP1-Writer.png]](https://www.save-point.org/images/userbars/SP1-Writer.png)
![[Image: SP1-Poet.png]](https://www.save-point.org/images/userbars/SP1-Poet.png)
![[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]](https://www.save-point.org/images/userbars/SP1-PixelArtist.png)
![[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]](https://i.postimg.cc/GmxWbHyL/SP1-Reporter.png)
My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)
List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole
Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts!
Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Maranatha!
The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.
![[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]](https://www.save-point.org/images/userbars/SP1-Scripter.png)
![[Image: SP1-Writer.png]](https://www.save-point.org/images/userbars/SP1-Writer.png)
![[Image: SP1-Poet.png]](https://www.save-point.org/images/userbars/SP1-Poet.png)
![[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]](https://www.save-point.org/images/userbars/SP1-PixelArtist.png)
![[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]](https://i.postimg.cc/GmxWbHyL/SP1-Reporter.png)
My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)
List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole
Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts!

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE