Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
 NetherQuest 0.83b (Updated: 12/15/2017)
Hmmm. Well, kyonides, I appreciate you taking interest in the game enough to check it out and formulate an opinion. Also, I respect your opinion. I may not completely understand what you are saying. In my eyes, there are plot twists and such. I just feel that often too much information is like the bad movie trailer commercial that spouts out all the good parts and ultimately lets the viewer down when they shell out the cash at the theater see it. So I would say, yes, for those looking a story, twists and turns, they're there. At least in my opinion. I think the difference between NQ and some games is that it's not restrictive. It does not force you into the role of a specific character or characters. You can start with a party of two, or a party of eight. You can start with six wizards or three knights. The story is based on historical events and not just the individual life of the hero. The good part is that the player is tasked with fulfilling prophecy and collecting things (as is the case in a lot of RPGs), yet they are not instructed to do it in a particular way. There's no 'order'. The outlying story evolves and is revealed as the player finishes parts of the main quest, whenever (or in some instances, wherever) such events occur. Another thing that I focused on when creating Netherquest is providing real-time cut-scenes apart from the party. These cut-scenes give the actual player a glimpse into the world's most interesting and famous figures and thus makes the moment when you 'meet' those people, that much more rewarding.

Anyway, kyonides. This game will not be for everyone. Like I allude to in the post, if you're looking for a traditional RPG with a pre-set path and actors whose stories are detailed and already written, then Netherquest may not be for you. And that's okay. I realize people are looking for different things. For instance, I can't stand first-person shooters and my eldest son loves them. I don't like those match-em-up games like 'Candy Crush' and such. But my wife adores them. I believe part of the reason we thought we could make our own little company is that we all have different game genre favorites and therefor approach making games with completely different eyes.

Again, I thank you for your honesty and your critique, I don't want to turn people away from my game because it lacks the things you suggest it does. Still, in that regard, I must stay true to myself and create something that I love. After all, the reward of true, creative passion comes not from making something pleasing to the pre-conceived notions of others, but through following a course that stirs one's own heart.
[Image: k8xqUgu.png]
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: NetherQuest - by kyonides - 08-06-2015, 03:57 AM
RE: NetherQuest - by ixfuru - 08-06-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: NetherQuest - by Kain Nobel - 08-07-2015, 07:02 AM
RE: NetherQuest - by ixfuru - 08-07-2015, 09:50 AM
RE: NetherQuest - by kyonides - 08-07-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: NetherQuest - by ixfuru - 08-08-2015, 12:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   The Legend of Terra (Updated 4/4/2021) Terra420 3 7,887 04-04-2021, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Terra420
Lightbulb  Eternal Destiny Remake Updated 11/8/2014 Bug fix Rose Guardian 6 9,885 11-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Rose Guardian