Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Shop Issues :P
Heya, I've tried both your suggestions and I thank you for your time to help me ^^ 
The windowskin didn't turn out as I'd hoped (all windowskin in script actually called on the background image, so when I was matching things up it made the custom windowskin tile everywhere or otherwise had no effect, lol) but ironically I figured out a weird trick to get it to work the way I wanted. So that issue is resolved for now.

For the "amount window", it did give the item when buying and kept on the buying screen but it didn't remove the item from the shop after purchase (which enables one to keep buying the same item in unlimited amounts, though one at a time) and also the selector graphic from the windowskin wasn't present so it would be tricky to see what you are actually buying until you check inventory.

So, what I tried since that's the area for the effect... (after changing all the true/false to see what happens, lol)

I changed this to false in the buy section
     @number_window.visible = false

And this "removed" that window and allowed the buying of items as usual and stay on that window, which was great, but items still scroll on and off the scene as if it's still switching over (as in items roll in, select one to buy, it rolls out and you reconfirm the selection again and everything but that "bought" item rolls in again.)

I found the area that seems to effect the scrolling in/out:
Code:
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 # * Update Layout Position
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 def update_layout_position
   @help_window.x = [@help_window.x+10,0].min
   @sprite_menu.each {|s| s.y -= 10} if @sprite_arrow.y > @resolution[1]-(40+34)
   @sprite_menu.each {|s| s.y += 10} if @sprite_arrow.y < 0+10
   @buy_window.visible = @sell_window.visible = !@number_window.visible
   if @buy_window.active
     @buy_window.x = [@buy_window.x-10,@resolution[0]-@buy_window.width].max
     @buy_window.x = @resolution[0] if @number_window.visible
   elsif !@number_window.visible
     @buy_window.x = [@buy_window.x+10,@resolution[0]].min
   end
   if @sell_window.active
     @sell_window.x = [@sell_window.x-10,@resolution[0]-@sell_window.width].max
     @sell_window.x = @resolution[0] if @number_window.visible
     @sell_window.x = [@sell_window.x+10,@resolution[0]].min
   end

when I do adjust the buy_window.x to "0"
     @buy_window.x = [@buy_window.x+0,@resolution[0]].min

It would roll items in (which was fine) and did keep the items on screen (though you still have to double select to make a purchase) but then once you leave the buy mode the items don't clear out or if there isn't any items, the selector graphic doesn't clear. So if you switch to sell mode, the items in inventory to sell will overlap the buy items. At least until you actually leave shop and then it starts to roll out/clears. But other than that, it's sooo close to being functionally done >_<

So now essentially I'm hoping to have two things happen.
1. Preferably not scroll in and out each time you buy something and clear out when leaving buy mode. I actually don't mind the double confirmation, as that can give players a sort of "buffer" to help prevent accidental buying, etc.
2.  GET_SOLD_ITEM = 1
Item sold won't be added into buy list when set to "0"  but buy list doesn't even appear at all even when there are items setup for sale in the call script. This is pretty much the case even on a clean script/demo. Would like to have it setup to where the buy list will show up if there are items setup for sale. This would actually be great because the creator of this game project wants to setup some shops that are sell only and having this work like this will allow for that. Or maybe if there's another way around to make the buy and sell ability separate so that one shop can be buy only and one sell only.
Again any help would be very appreciated ^^;
______・*。☆彡Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*~゚・。 )O( 。・゚~*Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒミ☆。*・______
MoonFaerie Studio: (Formerly LunarBerry Studio)
http://www.moonfaeriestudio.com

Deviantart gallery: https://www.deviantart.com/moonfaeriestudio
--------------・*。☆*~゚・。Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ。・゚~*☆。*・--------------

Current Game Project(s):
In collaboration w/Siletrea:
[Image: 55e3faa432d9efb86b8f19a6f25c0126-dawz35x.png]
----------------------------------
My Personal Project(s):
[Image: banner_by_lunarberry-dbi9fm7.png]

I do all sorts of arts and crafts :P ... and randomly too
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Shop Issues :P - by LunarBerry - 11-21-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: Shop Issues :P - by kyonides - 11-21-2016, 10:13 PM
RE: Shop Issues :P - by LunarBerry - 11-22-2016, 02:19 AM
RE: Shop Issues :P - by kyonides - 11-22-2016, 03:15 AM
RE: Shop Issues :P - by LunarBerry - 11-23-2016, 02:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Sorting Items in Shop Window Melana 13 15,503 01-18-2018, 05:49 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Dargor's Large Party script and shop menu Simon Greedwell 2 6,027 08-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Simon Greedwell
   Help with Shop Menu [RPG Maker XP] JackMonty 6 11,771 05-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Last Post: JackMonty
   Something I noticed about the Advanced Shop Status Window yamina-chan 5 9,085 08-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan