Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
 Scripts-externalizer XP
Scripts-externalizer - XP

Original author
Joke (scripts-externalizer [VXAce] - Original Project GitHub Page)

Today, I tried to adapt on RMXP a script I use each time I work on RPG Maker VX Ace projects : The Scripts-Externalizer.
It is a scripter tool, allowing you to extract all the scripts from the Scripts.rvdata2 file into a given folder and its subfolders, organizing your scripts by categories. The scripts are externalized in ruby files (.rb), and then, loaded by your project.
This script allows you to use the IDE of your choice instead of the original RPG Maker script editor.

-

It's now adapted to RMXP and it works the same way : You extract from the Scripts.rxdata, you get your externalized scripts, you can code your stuff in your IDE and test, and when you want to release your game, you compile your scripts back to the Scripts.rxdata file.

Instructions are in the Readme.md on the GitHub (i modified the original one a few to match RMXP visuals & data format, I'll rework it maybe).

I tested it with HiddenChest, and as I expected, it worked fine.
I'll enjoy working that way on XP, I think. I needed to share this tool.

(As i saw on the official thread, to make Win32API work, I had to use a vanilla-RM Game executable to launch the script, before switching back to HiddenChest, it's the only [minor] "disadvantage")
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Scripts-externalizer XP - by Az' - 01-03-2020, 08:34 PM
RE: Scripts-externalizer XP - by DerVVulfman - 01-04-2020, 04:29 AM
RE: Scripts-externalizer XP - by kyonides - 01-04-2020, 04:48 AM
RE: Scripts-externalizer XP - by Az' - 01-04-2020, 10:21 AM
RE: Scripts-externalizer XP - by DerVVulfman - 01-05-2020, 04:32 AM
RE: Scripts-externalizer XP - by BilouMaster - 02-10-2020, 04:21 PM