Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 Weird Science
A New Dinosaur
Vectaerovenator inopinatus

I'm posting this here because it's supposed to be a scientific discovery. Besides there's a Canadian forumer that grows desperate whenever she hears about dinosaur related stuff. Nope, she's never played golf nor hockey. Laughing

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-53738762

In 2019 the vectaerovenator inopinatus was unearthed in Shanklin, Isle of Wight but it took them about a year to realize it was related to T. Rex and birds! Shocked
This animal is considered a theropod and has got some interesting air sacs.
Theropods feature hollow bones and three-toed limbs and are considered to be carnivorous but some of them might have had quite different tastes like preferring to consume lots of fish for instance.

BBC Wrote:These air sacs, also seen in modern birds, were extensions of the lung, and it is likely they "helped fuel an efficient breathing system while also making the skeleton lighter", the University of Southampton said.
Parts of its skeleton must have been rather delicate.
It is likely that the Vectaerovenator lived in an area just north of where its remains were found, with the carcass having washed out into the shallow sea nearby.

What a curious way to become aerodynamic up to some point! Shocked
Sad Sadly, his story didn't end up very well... Thinking Could this mean his  environment was quite hostile?

Where can you pay him a visit? Happy with a sweat 
That's a curious question indeed. You'd need to travel to the Dinosaur Isle Museum at Sandown where they're being displayed.

Paul Farrell, from Ryde Wrote:I was walking along the beach, kicking stones and came across what looked like a bone from a dinosaur.

Who would tell kicking stones would pay off? Confused
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Weird Science - by kyonides - 08-02-2020, 11:05 PM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 08-12-2020, 02:01 AM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 08-19-2020, 12:26 AM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 11-04-2020, 02:03 AM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 03-24-2022, 09:19 PM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 09-23-2022, 02:22 AM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 10-26-2022, 01:55 PM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 01-08-2023, 08:39 AM
RE: Weird Science - by DerVVulfman - 02-01-2023, 02:43 PM
RE: Weird Science - by kyonides - 02-19-2023, 08:13 AM