Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Norn Files
Chapter Three

Confusion

by Kyonides

“Nope, ma’am. I refuse to do your bidding. I know my rights and you haven’t even allowed me to call my lawyer!” Wulfo reminded them.

“Well, if you answer it, we might offer you a decent deal depending on how many names you can provide us with now” detective Falcon suggested, throwing a pen and some paper at the table.

At that moment the so called werewolf recalled something Keith told him back in the days. He started wondering if he would really like to help him by calling his lawyer on his behalf. After all he was a cop just like Falcon and Dahlia. Would he betray his own kin?

“Stop blabbing, you morons! I need to talk to my lawyer first for I surely need his legal advise now that I know you’re planning to use me as your scapegoat” the storekeeper declared.

For some mysterious reason both detectives still refused to let him call his lawyer and there was a possibility their sergeant or even their captain was supporting them somehow.

Nobody cared to pick up the phone, quickly turning the man in gray into a paranoid.

Angrily the businessman declared “That moron screwed it up already! Now it’s mandatory to silence him before the police can extract any valuable information from that loser!”

“Shadow Python, long time no see. I’ve got an urgent job for you” the man announced.

“You gotta keep in mind my services are top notch so don’t ever expect me to work for you unless you can provide me with some nice girls and one hundred thousand reasons to do it right away” the hitman informed him back then.

“Well, now that you mention it, I can introduce one young and terribly gorgeous girl to you. I’m pretty sure she’ll meet all of your crazy expectations” the businessman commented in order to prevent him from hanging up.

“Truly sounds like meh to me to be honest” the shadowy killer told him.

“Just let me contact another four hot girls to let you rehearse your wildest plays and fantasies and you won’t get bored for a whole month. I can assure you, my dear snake!” his patron promised him.

The businessman was glad the killer was not as demanding as an average professional would be. He actually preferred to punish girls with a few extra pounds and sometimes even chubby women as well. The only problem there was that he would have to convince the hireling and her mother and some other janitors to partake in such a weird adventure.

Python then asked him “I see, it now sounds like a you finally made your homework! So tell me, my friend, who’s expecting an exhaustive health check later today?”

“Oh it’s nobody important, his friends simply call him Smoking Skinhead” the man in gray mentioned.

“Did you really say Smoking Skinhead!? Man, you better get my payment ready in no time because he no longer needs to worry about anything anymore” Shadow Python certainly claimed.

The bald guy was dead already? Such a statement made the businessman open his eyes wide open and grow desperate for he did not figure out somebody had got rid of him after his last call. Who the hell had contacted the nasty python to terminate the skinhead’s contract? And nope, no professional would ever reveal his customers’ identities ever.

The hitman kept talking over the phone “How piteous I was! Don’t you think, amigo?”

“I see, somebody got the upper hand. That’s what I get for being too indulgent, he, he. Then just get rid of any blue guys if they pose a threat to the Shelter. Oh and don’t forget to thrash the priestess by the tenth” the busy man commanded.

“Fine but I’m gonna date the priestess before she leaves us for good and a wire transfer wouldn’t be a bad idea at all, pal” the assassin offered his friendly advise.

For things went terribly wrong he just needed to hire some goons to do the dirty job and supervise them to ensure they would not fail him as the Smoking Skinhead did. That meant he would have to forget all about his cute daughter and his trophy wife just because. Obviously he could pay a visit to his psychologist like normal people do but only adrenaline proved to be helpful in his case. Plus his wife was no fantasy material and she totally ignored his other hobbies. What else would you expect from a woman working as an assistant at the forensics?

Back at the shelter, the girl that had been punished harshly had successfully escaped with some help of her friend and his key. He usually worked as a taxi driver but never refused to help the foundation whenever they needed his collaboration. While Nina was glad she was leaving that horrible place for good, her friend received an unexpected phone call.

“Hi! How’re you doing, man? I’m surprised to learn about you becoming a real workaholic” the driver told his contact.

“Yeah, I know this is quite unusual but this is one of those nights where I hate myself. And I gotta have some damn fun tonight, my friend” the troubled man confessed.

“That sounds as if you were going through some tough situation. Don’t worry about that, pal! There’s nothing some good old ale can’t cure” his friend let him know while looking at his copilot for a second.

“Once again I owe you a big one, pal. Let’s meet at the same place and same time if you don’t mind” the businessman thanked him.

After hanging up he stated “Dear Nina, I hope you don’t mind if I first get some booze to get rid of my own troubles.”

“No, it’s fine. Really I’m feeling like I’ll have some alcohol as well or else I won’t get some sleep tonight” the troubled Nina confessed.

“Right, I almost forgot about how they mistreated you there. Anyway let’s forget all about that crappy place and get you some makeup to cover your bruises” her friend voiced.

Nina yelled right away “Oh you’re totally right about that! I deserve to look pretty tonight after all I’ve been through as of late.”

“That sounds like a plan to me!” he happily admitted.

Even if he would enjoy Nina’s company, he would also have to rely on the disgusting girl next door, a heavy smoker. That also meant he would be paying a visit to Sleepy Jack the local dealer. Do not ask why. The good news were that Nina could borrow some makeup and some decent dress from her.

Three hours driving all around the city looking for the suspects drove Keith Norn mad. Even if he still was on duty, people watched him and his partner enter the Real Knockoff Bar. No, they were not wearing their suits this time because they clearly knew about its bad reputation. It was a place full of pity criminals and other people trying to stay under the radar for a plethora of reasons. They were expecting to meet some man that rumors linked to an underground organization.

“I doubt he’ll ever dare to show his face around here tonight, Keith” Miller simply commented out of boredom.

Norn disclosed what would happen next “Actually I’m positive he’s gonna show up later on. He’s going through some really hard times and is a drunkard after all. Bad habits never die or that’s what the old man always told me.”

A man in his fifties, sporting a partially gray hair, arrived less than half an hour later. Apparently he could not stay away from alcohol for a day or two in a row. He soon noticed some cops were after him for they did not dress like the rest of the patrons there. They also looked to be quite overconfident, a serious mistake that could cost them their sorry lives at any moment. Even so he joined them at their table because he had something to tell them.

“Waitress, please bring us another round of beer at once!” Claymouth quickly ordered.

“Couldn’t you be even more obvious than this? You idiots! People around us gotta know by now you’ve been waiting for me” the man desperately complained.

“Stop! We’re not playing any games here. Many young lives are at risk and we need you to tell us everything you know about those behind their kidnappings” Norn sternly demanded.

“Of course, the kiddos… Why’d you care about an old guy like me that could get his throat cut off by any of those thugs lurking around?” the insider kept whining as usual.

“So will you help us or not? We’d also take you to the station if deemed necessary” detective Miller informed the man.

Irina the rebel waitress suddenly brought the cold drinks and Donuts Lover winked at her while leaving a slightly generous tip on the table. Norn stared at him as if he were thinking his partner was a fool.

“That would make things get a lot worse, I guarantee. Anyway, I can only tell you I didn’t work for them for long but there’s something I know for sure. They call themselves Merugam, the witch coven. And I learned about that merely by chance” the drunkard divulged after a few sips.

To be continued

...or better not Tongue sticking out
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
The Norn Files - by kyonides - 10-29-2020, 03:55 AM
RE: The Norn Files - by kyonides - 10-31-2020, 06:55 PM
RE: The Norn Files - by kyonides - 11-30-2020, 04:53 AM