Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2
Yin Wrote:I'm trying to make it so that when you use the skill, the target or the user gets 2 turns instead of 1. Not including the turn used to use the skill.
Uhm, the fastest way to do it I think would be a state. The skill casts the state on the actor, the state lasts exactly two turns and it resets the next_action_time to 0 at the end of the turn, thus granting the actor the next turn.

*script script script code code code*

I have just coded this for the next version and it works pretty well.
This way, however, wouldn't show the consecutive turns in the turns window.

Hasdiel
Hasdiel Wrote:1. Can you make multiple SA bars?
2. Is it possible to give the active character a free action (one to select the Stunt command so the play may then immediately select the action to be stunted.)
3. Can I use a one action multiplier (it would be really broken if after the first Stunt every action afterward was multiplied).
4. I looked through the formula for how the SA bar fills but it seems like it takes the maximum bar size into account so I can’t just make the bar shorter to make it fill faster. Any ideas?
5. I tried to change the position of the one SA bar in the demo but all I was able to do was make the bar thicker or thinner. I also have no idea how to make it vertical like I want it for the Stunt bar.
6. So far you have 3 methods to fill the SA bar, taking damage, doing damage, and healing allies with the last version. Is it possible to fill the SA bar from only an action of a particular CMD element (no matter the effect of damage or healing the skill does).

1) That would require to duplicate the code wherever superarts are involved, it is possible but it requires time and work. I'm adopting a policy to put myself into this trouble only for serious advanced projects... and first game doesn't smell good, I don't know you and maybe you're gonna do the best game ever, but I've seen many first games ending abandoned, let me be precautious.

2) Yes indeed. There's this get_next_turn method that can be called as I said a few posts ago.

3) Similarly to Yin's case, I think that a one-turn-lasting state would do the trick. The state however, should be supported by the BS in order to do the effect that you want, as it's not something you can obtain with regular states. The above mentioned policy applies here as well.

4) That's easy. Give me the formula you want.

5) Moving the bar -> simple, making it vertical -> policy :D
See where it says:
super_art_bar=Bar.new(actor_x,actor_y,80,3,self.contents)
?
the position is described by the first two args, try 'actor_x+5', 'actor_y-7'...

6) Adding SA points only when skills of a given category are used actually makes a good new feature for the future =) stay tuned for this one
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - by Charlie Fleed - 03-28-2009, 12:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Battle Item Count kyonides 4 855 02-04-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced DerVVulfman 65 82,999 06-02-2023, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Sujabes467
   Dalissa's Battle Cry DerVVulfman 2 6,638 05-09-2023, 03:07 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Zenith Tactical Battle System Plus (ZTBS+) DerVVulfman 0 2,021 05-10-2022, 10:42 PM
   Actor Battle Items DerVVulfman 4 4,940 11-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Melana
   Battle Report Raziel 1 6,233 05-29-2020, 02:27 AM
Last Post: Whisper
   Commercial System Package DerVVulfman 11 12,060 01-04-2020, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Pelip
   KItemDesc XP & VX Zilsel Version kyonides 4 6,533 12-01-2019, 06:11 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   ZLSL's Battle Portraits DerVVulfman 4 6,476 11-12-2019, 04:10 AM
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2 Victor Sant 150 224,525 03-02-2019, 04:47 AM
Last Post: dragonprincess44