Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2
Hey Charlie, I have a small tweak that you might be able to answer.

Situation: I am using a total of 8 summons in the "Skills" tab of the database. 4 are regular summons, call them Kerya, Adel, Crimson, and Zeigfried, and 4 are "grand summons" which are the same summons Kerya, Adel, Crimson, and Zeigfried except when summoned they have a full superarts gauge. (You showed me how to do this just recently)

The 4 regular summons are tagged with "CMD Summon" and "Summon". The four grand summons are tagged with "CMD Superart", "Superart", and "Summon".

The 4 regular summons are tagged to a common event:
$game_party.summon(2,["Kerya"])

The 4 grand summons are tagged to a common event:
$game_actors[10].
super_arts_points=200;
$game_party.summon(2,["Kerya"])

So there is a total of 8 common events between the two.

Now here is what happens. It doesn't matter if it is the regular summon or the grand summon, when "Kerya" is summoned, the party members that are removed from battle, are also removed from the party on the map. So if I try and "Retire" "Kerya". it first doesn't let me, "Kerya" stays on the screen. If I retire her again, then the game goes to the game over screen because the remaining actors are removed from the game. This also happens when the battle is over, and when the "Kerya" dies. So for some reason the script is not storing the current party for when the battle is over, the Aeon dies, or is retired. So the party cannot "comeback" to the battle or the map after the battle.

Now this might give you some insight on to what is going on. It took me about 4 hours just to figure this out after trying everything else with your demo and what not. I slowly imported a summon from my game into your demo piece by piece and found what messed up the script. I figured out if I changed the "grand summons" tags to only:

"CMD Superart" and "Superart" (Removed "Summon" from the tags) it works!

The system operates just like normal. "Kerya" is summoned and operates just fine as a regular summon and as a grand summon. There could be a number of things that could make this happen, but my question is to you, is this ok? Will things be alright if I keep my tags like this? I'm guessing there could be some overlapping with the Aeons due to the same Aeon being summoned on two different occasions, or the fact that the skill is tagged to both "superart" and "summon" might cause some difficulties, but I don't know, your the boss. Maybe you can figure something out. If not, no worries. I don't want you to sweat too hard over it, its not the end of the world if it doesn't work out. Sorry that it is a long post, but I wanted to be specific that way you knew exactly the situation. Thanks for your time.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - by Habs11 - 07-17-2009, 06:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Battle Item Count kyonides 4 857 02-04-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced DerVVulfman 65 83,016 06-02-2023, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Sujabes467
   Dalissa's Battle Cry DerVVulfman 2 6,639 05-09-2023, 03:07 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Zenith Tactical Battle System Plus (ZTBS+) DerVVulfman 0 2,025 05-10-2022, 10:42 PM
   Actor Battle Items DerVVulfman 4 4,940 11-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Melana
   Battle Report Raziel 1 6,233 05-29-2020, 02:27 AM
Last Post: Whisper
   Commercial System Package DerVVulfman 11 12,063 01-04-2020, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Pelip
   KItemDesc XP & VX Zilsel Version kyonides 4 6,535 12-01-2019, 06:11 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   ZLSL's Battle Portraits DerVVulfman 4 6,478 11-12-2019, 04:10 AM
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2 Victor Sant 150 224,558 03-02-2019, 04:47 AM
Last Post: dragonprincess44