Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Charlie's Passability Mini-Map, Version 0.4
Passability Mini-Map by Charlie Fleed
Version 0.4.4 (21-1-2011)

Introduction

This script draws a mini-map indicating the passability of each tile and the position of the player and some other map objects.
The map takes into account directional passability, and - for the moment - does not consider blocking events except those using graphics from the tileset. In that case the through check-box is also considered.
A zoom option allows to define how much of the map is displayed.
It includes some code required to save png images in your project folder, which I dind't write, I simply found it on the Internet but I lost track of the author. If anyone recognizes the author I will be happy to credit him/her.

Instructions

The script will create a folder named "pass_maps" inside your project's Pictures folder.
The first time you enter a map, the image is computed and saved, the following times the saved image will be loaded instead. Deleting the image, which will have the map id in its name, forces the image to be recomputed. Do it when you change your maps and you want to update the passability maps.
You can also use a Call Script command "redraw_passmap", in game, for the same purpose.
Use the Call Script commands "show_passmap" and "hide_passmap" in order to... well, I'll let you guess what they do...
Put a comment "Enemy" in some page of enemy-events that you want to be displayed in the mini-map, and a comment "Teleport" in some page of teleport-events. If you want a teleport or an enemy event to be not displayed in the mini-map when a specific page is active, put a comment "No Map" in that page.
The script can use custom images to display the hero, allies and enemies.
You can set the position, size, opacity and background image for the mini-map.

Screenshots

[Image: th_Immagine-6.jpg]

When I say you can set the mini-map size... I mean it ;)

[Image: th_Immaginea.jpg]

Script

Version 0.4.4
Version 0.4
Reply }
Update. This version (0.3) should be lighter.
Now you can also see transfer points on the mini map (using a "Teleport" comment inside them).
Reply }
A little bug has been fixed, the code looked for "allies" to be drawn on the minimap and caused an error when the user does not have a caterpillar-like script in use.
Reply }
Very basic, yet very nice! Good work Charlie! I'll use this with full credit toward you! :p
Reply }
Preview of version 0.4, with background and custom sprites for the hero, allies and enemies.
[Image: Immagine-6.jpg]
Reply }
is there a way to place a frame around the map? or even add color to it?
Reply }
You can use a background image.
PASSMAP_BACKGROUND_IMAGE="your picture name".
When you say add color, do you mean changing the light and dark grey?
Reply }
Charlie Fleed Wrote:You can use a background image.

yea so it shows were the water is and land and objects and trees but if anything just land and water
Reply }
explocion200 Wrote:

yea so it shows were the water is and land and objects and trees but if anything just land and water

I will post a version where you can decide the colors of passable and non-passable tiles. However, even in this version, you cannot differentiate water, which usually is non-passable, from other non-passable tiles and draw them in the map with different colors.
Reply }
Charlie Fleed Wrote:
explocion200 Wrote:

I will post a version where you can decide the colors of passable and non-passable tiles. However, even in this version, you cannot differentiate water, which usually is non-passable, from other non-passable tiles and draw them in the map with different colors.

ok thanks :)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   The Charlie Mini-Map / Dynamic Maps Patch DerVVulfman 2 3,967 03-29-2022, 11:55 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Charlie's Mini-Map Extended DerVVulfman 16 12,545 09-02-2020, 03:49 AM
   KItemDesc XP & VX Zilsel Version kyonides 4 6,458 12-01-2019, 06:11 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 Charlie Fleed 572 640,146 05-19-2016, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Starmage
   Equipment Upgrade System by Charlie Fleed, Version 1.2 Charlie Fleed 145 182,817 04-11-2014, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Gardesion
   Individual Battle Commands by Charlie Fleed, Version 1.0 Charlie Fleed 3 10,163 01-25-2014, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charlie Fleed
   Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp Victor Sant 22 44,099 03-03-2013, 05:37 PM
    Passability Mini Map for Tonbi's Random map Cortez 2 7,315 10-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Cortez
   Rataime's Passability Indicator Tool PK8 1 9,276 04-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan
   Auto Populate Maps, Version 0.5 Charlie Fleed 14 24,140 03-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Last Post: LilyKnight