Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 NetPlay 2.0
From Xilef:
How do I find out the ip address of the MySQL host?
I see absolutely no useful instructions on how to set this up with freemysql or what to put in the config or anything of use. We're not all as amazing as you silent alarm, you cant say: Well, it's obvious what goes in the config, because it really isn't obvious at all.

Content Hidden

I have MySQL Turbo Manager, anyone know how do I use this?

If I ever get this working (Which I doubt because I see no help being given from anyone) I bet there'll be loads of things to clear up first like in NP+1, what are they? Again, I see absolutely no instructions.
This was carried out very poorly. You can't expect all RMXP users to understand MySQL. >:|

by Icedmetal57

If you're using freemysql, which I'm sure most of you aren't using your own mysql server being hosted right from your computer, so I'll just assume you guys use freemysql. The IP address, MySQL, or Database Host (they're all the same thing) would be whatever it said in the activation email. If you lost that email, just login to your account on freemysql and it'll say Your Host: ... The Database User is your user name on that site, and password is the same situation as the user name. Database name, now that involves creating one.

1. To create a database, login to your freemysql.net account, then in the control panel add a database by entering a name in the Add Database form such as netplay_plus_db or whatever you can remember it by, and for then in the second form put in your username.

2. Time to add some data. Go to PHPMyAdmin on freemysql.net, and login with your freemysql account info, same user and password. If you can't find the link to PHPMyAdmin on the side navigation bar, then just enter your mysql host into the address bar and it'll take you there. After you've logged into PHPMyAdmin, on the side there will be a navigation bar, just click the name of your newly created database. After that, there's a form that's something about Create a new Table in your database. Ignore that. On the navigation bar above that Create a new Table in your database, click SQL. On that page, there should be 2 forms, one being Run SQL query/queries..., then next being Location of the Text File. Click Browse..., and find your Netplay Plus server directory, where ever you extracted the server, and in that folder go to Library, then in that folder there should be a text file called sqlfile. Open that. This should be all done within the web browser in PHPMyAdmin, by the way. After that, click Go on the SQL page. It'll then bring you to a new page that shows the entire contents of that sqlfile, and on the navigation bar to the left you should see a bunch of new items in the list, which are all the tables, which contain all the data for the server, tables are like sub-categories within the database to contain certain data.

Now to answer Xilef's question about these things.
An Answer

And for Icechamp's question, here's the solution. You may have to scroll a bit, depending on how you're web browser is. Anyway, there's the problem you're having. That 0 as shown in red here, should be a 1 for it to automatically validate the registrants. You'll have to manually validate those users already registered by changing that 0 to a 1 in the database in the users table.

An Answer

Well, I hope that I helped most of you guys and cleared up a few questions as well.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
NetPlay 2.0 - by NetPlay Team - 03-05-2008, 06:35 PM
NetPlay 2.0 - by NetPlay Team - 03-05-2008, 06:36 PM
NetPlay 2.0 - by NetPlay Team - 03-05-2008, 06:37 PM
NetPlay 2.0 - by cody1492 - 03-20-2010, 06:41 PM
NetPlay 2.0 - by DerVVulfman - 03-20-2010, 10:29 PM
NetPlay 2.0 - by Ace - 03-20-2010, 10:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Window Reskinner for NetPlay 2.0 DerVVulfman 0 4,443 03-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Single / Multiplayer Options for NetPlay 2.0 DerVVulfman 0 4,448 03-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman