Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 RGSS scripting dissections and explinations
You forgot to explain what disposed means just in case she needed further clarification. Dispose as in the verb to dispose of something means to throw it at Ruby's garbage can so it will get rid of it once Ruby gets some spare time to do that like while leaving a menu scene and returning to the current map. You gotta make sure of disposing windows and sprites, stuff like arrays and hashes can be cleared, but you don't need to dispose them because they normally don't hold graphics. If they do like in Scene_Load and Scene_Save then you would need to make an each loop to dispose every single window they are holding; there an array holds the windows that show you your saved game files.

Alias, in case you didn't know this already, is a nickname, so alias in Ruby (I never found it in javascript) is a pseudo variable that lets you nickname methods. You could alias them if you think its current name is too large or in case you need to add new values or calculations to the method you need to change.

class Game_Actor
attr_accessor :bank_pin
alias my_initialiaze_alias initialize
def initialize(actor_id)
@bank_pin = ""
my_initialize_alias(actor_id)
end
end

There I modified Game_Actor, the class that holds Pod Pod's data, to add a bank PIN for her! I needed to add my nickname my_initialize_alias to let the game create the rest of its values as it usually does. I passed an argument because the original method initialize badly needs it.

attr_accessor is a method from Module that lets you quickly create a method named bank_pin and another one called bank_pin= that let you get and set Pod Pod's bank PIN at any time!

PIN is a number you enter in a machine to get access to your money!
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: RGSS scripting dissections and explinations - by kyonides - 09-11-2017, 06:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Help iwth script (RGSS Player crash) Whisper 3 7,674 06-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Whisper
  How can I use the cmd of "require" in rgss superegp 2 5,381 11-03-2015, 06:16 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   Scripting in VX vs VX Ace Miharu 5 8,205 02-21-2015, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Taylor
   Combat animations via scripting; How? ZeroSum 2 4,571 09-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Last Post: ZeroSum
Question  RGSS stoped to work Chaos17 5 6,929 02-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Ruby, RGSS & General Code Discussion Kain Nobel 6 9,912 12-22-2012, 05:11 AM
Last Post: MechanicalPen
   [Request] Tut. for RGSS Eldur 9 10,611 12-07-2012, 04:27 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   [ASK-RGSS] Behemoth's CBS alike Getsuga_kawaii 0 3,863 04-29-2010, 03:07 PM