Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Linux Kernel's Case Insensitive Hidden Feature

First of all, I want to explain why it could slightly matter to you, especially as a developer not just for developing games but programming in general.

So far all Linux systems tend to use a case sensitive filesystem, even if they're dozens of FS available out there, and whenever a Windows user or programmer creates a file, they might not care about a filename's case at all for Windows simply treats all strings the same under that specific situation.

The link above will tell you about a couple of Linux tools and commands that will let you create a brand new filesystem that doesn't care about your typing style at all.

Here you can find a special mention here. If you can't get a "supported" return message from it, you should Stop stop right there before you wind up messing with your filesystem and have to fall back to your default Linux kernel configuration. Happy with a sweat

Code:
cat /sys/fs/ext4/features/casefold
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Steam on Linux & RPG Maker Series kyonides 0 1,085 02-21-2023, 10:59 PM
Last Post: kyonides
   Install RPG Maker on a Linux KDC 6 13,357 08-29-2019, 03:33 AM
Last Post: KDC