Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 I'd appreciate some Feedback on this
So, I'm finally able to make MIDIs myself. Yay~ ^^
But I'm not here because of that, rather because I'd like to hear some oppinions on what I made.
I guess you can consider this my first attempt so I hope it's not that bad.
Also, my sister said it reminds her at something so if someone thinks the same, please let me know.

Sarkas_One-Happy-Day.mid
}
Ahh~ long time no see ~
Since I come back in this forum ~
I found something delicious to listen ^^

well, I enjoy your MIDI. nice harmonics. No one false melody *thumbs*
I can't say anything because of not fluent in english *LOL

I think, u have to improve the pizzicato strings
to make listener more enjoy,..

overall: It's a good music. I realy like it ~
}
I like it! It also reminds me of three things:
Ristar
An old Game Maker BGM that i like
027-Town05 in XPShocked
If you don't like it, feel free to sue me if you have a lawyer.
}
Well, I have no idea what Ristar is so I can't say much about that or the Game Maker BGM, but for the town...maybe a little?
I'm happy to hear you like it though ^^ Same goes to Theodoric (Sorry, I kinda missed your post ^^' Thank's for the feedback)

While I'm here, I might as well share some other Midis I've been working on. (By the way: if someone knows a good place to host them so that you can listen to them online or something...that'd be nice XD)

So here we are:
Mansion
Place Theme
(I just realized: this doesn't sound right without soundeffects óo Imagin Rain and Thunder in the background XD)

(PS: The titles make sense to me 'cause I know what I intended to do with them but maybe you'll be confused about them, so sorry for that ^-^')
}
It's been a while since I last posted something here Laughing

Anyway, I have a new 'song' that I would like to show you, so that I could get some feedback.
It is not quite finished and the programm I'm using now gives me a hell of a headache (I can't get it so that it loops properly for some reason <<') That aside, I really like it and would love to hear what others think about it =)
Feedback IS importand after all *laughs*
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
}
Hey! Good to see someone else sharing this kind of music on the forum :)

For the most recent one:
Rhythm section: Good drums and beat. Maybe the drums could have a little more variation?
Melody: It's quite original and all the notes "fit". The arpeggio on the right fits well.
Bass: Quite basic but effective. Maybe more variation again.

Good song :)

P.S.
I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of doing this...

Download Link
}
XD
Never thought someone would spend some time to redo a song I made *laughs*
Especially since it's basically the first one I made with programms on a computer instead with my keyboard.
I like your version of it =) Only problem with this one is that it's not looping properly. (Just like my new song XD)
Would you mind if I ask what you're using to create your music? I'm still trying to find a programm that I'm able to work with that is not giving e ore troubles then benefits *laughs*

Also, thanks for your feedback on my newer song =)
As for more variation...I belive it would sound better, but so far I haven't been able to get something that sounds nice XD Not on the computer, anyway.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

}
I use REAPER as a host (or DAW, Digital Audio Workstation). It's very powerful (I was seriously impressed by it) and cheap at just 40$ (you won't find cheaper). Its low price doesn't mean it isn't as good either, it's comparable to the 500$+ software. I love it.

An image of REAPER

As for instruments, I use free VSTis (virtual instruments) which I found online in various places and some that I bought, like Native Instrument's "Session Strings". I bought that one because I couldn't find a single good string orchestra for free.

Do you know how to set up this kind of software? It's a little difficult at first so if you need help just ask questions, I'll answer.

EDIT:
I forgot, I also play guitar so any guitar in my songs is actually recorded. You can't find good guitar virtual instruments, even if you pay for it.
}
Yeah, I noticed about the guitar problem <<'
The Programm looks coplicated. Then again up to now I've usually been able to get the hang of something with propper help or instructions. And it looks a bit like one of the programms I'm using so I wouldn't be totally screwed, I guess. *laughs*
Does this come with a propper manual and/or are there good tutorials on it to be found? I'd like to know that befor I'll start saving some money for it XD I once had a program with no helpfile whatsoever, I don't want that again.

Ah, and does this recuire a soundcard that's able to record sounds? I've seen these programms more then once and my soundcard doesn't support that. Otherwise I'd use my keyboard more. At least to get the basic idea or something XD

}
Reaper has a 30 day FREE trial period and the software is UNLIMITED for that time. You can do everything someone who has paid for it can do. After 30 days, you can STILL use the software, it is not blocked after the trial. It is an honest decision to pay for it after the trial though.
The software seems more complicated than it is but the hard part isn't actually the software, it's the production and theory that you have to learn. I've been composing for 7 years and recording for about 5 and I've only recently been happy with results.

Assuming you use a PC:
Steps to using reaper are:
-Install
-Find instruments (Here is a good place to start :)... I advise you only take instruments with at least 4 stars.)
For other instruments, Download KORE PLAYER. It is free and has many high quality synths and percussion kits. Use the "SKY KIT" for "acoustic" sounding drums.
-Put the instruments in a folder within the Reaper folder
-In the menu within the software, go to: =>Options => Preferences => Plugins =>VST / And then tell the software where to find them ("Add" location). Then click "scan"(This can take a few minutes, don't worry, the software may seem to freeze, this is normal, it hasn't crashed). Restart Reaper.
-Now you have instruments. To add more instruments you have to put them in that folder and restart the software. It will automatically detect them.
-Create a new track (Shortcut: Ctrl+T) then assign an instrument to the track (the button to the left that says "FX"). To do this, in the menu it shows you, click "Add" then go to "VST" and choose your instrument!
-Add a MIDI item (This is where you input the notes) (Shortcut: Hold Ctrl and click then drag the mouse).

Start messing around! You still have a lot of work and things to learn. Using "real" instruments is a lot more complex than Midi instruments. You need to learn about EQ, Panning, Reverb...

Now, This may seem a lot of things to do BUT it's actually very simple once you get used to it. All this is reflex for me now and I've only had Reaper for 3 months (I used other software before but they are all very different).

GOOD LUCK! I hope to hear your new songs soon!

P.S. Sorry for the HYPER long message.
}

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   My First BGM! Feedback Please Flare Knight 13 15,010 04-01-2010, 03:24 AM
Last Post: Flare Knight
   Feedback on these bgms deValdr 11 14,292 03-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Last Post: deValdr
   Feedback deValdr 3 5,826 03-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Last Post: deValdr