Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Zeriab's Anti Lag System
Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System
Version: 1.2

Introduction

This system changes the design used for controlling the events on the game map as well as reducing the number of character sprites outside of the visible area.
The new design for the events should in most cases give faster collision detection
In certain situations this system should be slightly slower though I doubt it can make any noticeable difference.
This script only makes event collision detection faster in the case where all the events are visible.
The greatest benefit from this script comes from large maps with sparse population of events. Basically, events do no come together loads at a time.

Version history
For anyone interested

Features

Easy to alter the size of the visible area. (In combination with resolution scripts for example)
Pattern matching on event names to ease determination of events needing special treatment. (Never update and always update)
Specify special update schemes for events by their id and the map they are on.

Screenshots

The screenshot was taking from my test map included as an attachment. There are 662 events on that 500x500 map.

[Image: picpg2.th.png]

Demo

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0up9up (zip version)

Script

Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System version 1.2
Note: The comments in the script are aimed at other scripters. Don't be scared by it.

Installation

You don't have to do more than copy and paste the script into the script editor BUT where you paste it matters.
If you are using the SDK 2.0+ paste the script just below the SDK.
If you are are not using the SDK then paste the script just below the default scripts

The structure in the script editor should be like this:
default scripts
(SDK)
Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System
(custom scripts)
main

Pasting the script just above main has caused errors!

You can add [A] to the name of an event if you want it always updated. A typical example is that you want an event outside of the screen to move around properly.
You can add [N] to the name of an event and it will never be updated. Great for non-animated decoration events.
Note that if you have both [A] and [N] in the name of the event the event will never be updated.

If you are not satisfied with the default settings or are curious you can look into the customization possibilities
Customization

Q&A's

How can I make sure that an event outside of the screen moves like I told it to?
Change the name of the event so it always updates.
With the default configurations you can do this by adding [A] anywhere in the name.

Compatibility
Technical Details

Rataime's Sun Effect

Near Fantastica's Particle Engine v2

Credits and Thanks

Thanks goes to Enterbrain for making this possible.
Special thanks to Blizzard for many suggestions, help and support :3
Special thanks to:
Eilei
Shadow Wolf
Untravaersil
darksora

I would like to thank everyone using their time to try and use my system.
I would like to thank everyone reading this topic.
Thanks.

Terms and Conditions
Copyright © 2007 Zeriab

Author's Notes

I would be delighted if you report any bug, errors or issues you find.
In fact I would be delighted if you took the time and replied even if you have nothing to report.
Suggestions are more than welcome

And finally: ENJOY!

- Zeriab
Reply }
it gives me an error
never mind i got it to work thanks :)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced DerVVulfman 65 82,430 06-02-2023, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Sujabes467
   Zenith Tactical Battle System Plus (ZTBS+) DerVVulfman 0 1,968 05-10-2022, 10:42 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Commercial System Package DerVVulfman 11 11,876 01-04-2020, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Pelip
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2 Victor Sant 150 223,377 03-02-2019, 04:47 AM
Last Post: dragonprincess44
   DerVV's Simple Popup System DerVVulfman 4 10,863 10-08-2017, 04:53 PM
   Melly-Mel's Calendar System DerVVulfman 23 38,561 12-02-2016, 04:31 AM
   The Magey Mage's Spellbook System DerVVulfman 3 8,979 10-31-2016, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Noctis
   CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 Charlie Fleed 572 639,743 05-19-2016, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Starmage
   Mousie: The Mouse System DerVVulfman 67 100,550 07-19-2015, 11:18 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan
   Golden Sun Camera Battle System DerVVulfman 5 26,712 11-02-2014, 06:42 PM