Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Help With Taryn's Weapon Ammunition System
First off, let it be known that I am not all that keen with scripting.. I'm more of an event-minded individual, and I never could wrap my head around scripting.
the Ammunition system that I'm trying to use is here:
http://rmvxp.com/showthread.php?tid=518

The segment of code in question is below.
Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Applying Normal Attack Effects
  #     attacker : battler
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  alias ammo_attack attack_effect
  def attack_effect(attacker)
    if attacker.ammo_used_bool != true
      ammo_attack(attacker)
    else
      full_attack(attacker)
    end  
  end

I keep getting
"Script Ammo System" Line 402: Name Error Occured
undefined method 'attack_effect' for class 'Game_Battler'

In the above Code tags are code lines 398-409, which is the entire "section" in regards to Line 402.

Any idea as to why this isn't working?
Cheers!
Reply }
That would be a very good question.

This system aliases (or attaches code to) the attack_effect method. This is default method within the Game_Battler class that comes with RPGMaker XP. This error is very confusing since it should only happen if you don't have an 'attack_effect' method... like it was erased or something.
Reply }
DerVVulfman Wrote:That would be a very good question.

This system aliases (or attaches code to) the attack_effect method. This is default method within the Game_Battler class that comes with RPGMaker XP. This error is very confusing since it should only happen if you don't have an 'attack_effect' method... like it was erased or something.

Simply put, this system is not only essential for my game, but it's also beautifully well-organized. The demo showed me exactly what I'll need for my game.

How would you say that I should go about fixing this? If anyone can help, it'd surely be you! =]

EDIT:Would it matter where I place this code inside the Scripts database? As in, above a certain entry or below a certain entry?

EDITx2: I moved the entry of this script (which I titled "Ammo_System") one space BELOW "Main", and it seems to be working so far. Bizarre.. I'll update this is it further decides to die on me =]
Reply }
Wait. Below main? That should just disable the ammo system altogether. But it should be above main and below Scene_Debug. That's a standard practice. I don't know where you had it before, but the Game_blah blah blah maps should load first. If you had it above these (especially Game_Battler)... it wouldn't work.
Reply }
DerVVulfman Wrote:Wait. Below main? That should just disable the ammo system altogether. But it should be above main and below Scene_Debug. That's a standard practice. I don't know where you had it before, but the Game_blah blah blah maps should load first. If you had it above these (especially Game_Battler)... it wouldn't work.

I put it above Main and I get the same error again.
One slot below main, and the game runs and the battles can be played, but the system is inactive.

Any clues or ideas as to how to fix this? Because it's.. er.. An enormous problem.
Reply }
Not without seeing a demo.

I mean, since your message reads that 'attack_effect ' is an undefined method, that would mean you're missing that method altogether and that's a default script method in Game_Battler. It should be there.
Reply }
DerVVulfman Wrote:Not without seeing a demo.

I mean, since your message reads that 'attack_effect ' is an undefined method, that would mean you're missing that method altogether and that's a default script method in Game_Battler. It should be there.

If you PM me an email, I can email you the demo if you'd like.
Reply }
Upload the demo and PM me the download link. Erm... I have dialup (for real) so sending an eMail as an attachment totally sucks for me.
Reply }
DerVVulfman Wrote:Upload the demo and PM me the download link. Erm... I have dialup (for real) so sending an eMail as an attachment totally sucks for me.

http://www.filedropper.com/crossroads is the link.
Cheers!
Reply }
Quote:# The RTAB_CONNECTED value is a switch that informs the script whether or not
# the RTAB script (Connected Attacking) is in use. While RTAB itself is auto
# detected, Connected Attacking is not and this switch is a necessary evil.

The demo sports the RTAB battlesystem and thus required a switch with a true/false setting. Set RTAB_CONNECTED in the script to 'false' and your problem is solved.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System and TP System zlsl 2 3,714 10-20-2021, 05:09 AM
Last Post: zlsl
   I want to add an Atoa Custom Battle System command cut-in. zlsl 11 11,815 11-11-2019, 08:55 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Question about ACBS (Atoa Custom Battle System) aeliath 10 10,850 08-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Last Post: aeliath
   (RMVXace) Battle error with Tankentai's battle system, help. x( Starmage 0 3,474 02-14-2018, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Starmage
   Problems with counteraatack addon of Atoa Custom Battle System Djigit 22 31,352 01-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Noctis
   Atoa Custom Battle System: Popup when status change Noctis 6 9,119 02-01-2016, 12:52 AM
   Atoa Custom Battle System CTB animation while cast Noctis 6 9,478 01-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Question  Lycan ABS - Weapon display Jetboy 4 6,335 07-14-2015, 06:02 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   How do I ask wheiter he finished the script call? in a herbalism system Eagleeye1990 3 5,649 10-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Last Post: greenraven
   little Edit of the cursor world map system Djigit 3 5,804 08-24-2014, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Djigit