Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 The Critique & Feedback thread
Post something you want critique/comments on, be it art, websites, scripts, etc. or post a comment on someone elses.

I'll start out:

Content Hidden

A wallpaper/Ad sort of thing. Still in early stages. Is the color scheme good? How about the light?
Valdred
Tech Administrator of Save-Point

Reply }
I like it, it's nice and simple. I don't know if you meant to not capitalize the "Gods" part, but other than that, it looks pretty good. I do have some animated enemies to post, but I don't know how to convert them to gif so they show up animated. I really do want feedback, so I'll post it asap.

[Image: CactabusAnimation.gif]

and I know I posted this one before, but I didn't have time to fix it.

[Image: stance-4.gif]

Feedback please.
Reply }
Very nice. On the cactus thing I think the lower part of the body should move a bit too. I like them both though.

"Gods" is not a name nor the first word in the sentence so it should not be capitalized. ;)
Valdred

Reply }
Hey, I'm not a grammar nazi or whatever they call them. I just thought that titles were supposed to be capitalized. I have 2 more guys, these are bases and are not yet animated.

[Image: armoredridder.png]
[Image: quickridderbattler.png]

Let me know what is wrong with them.... Especially the one with the blue hair. I am wondering if the arms are too short. And the face looks weird to me, but I don't know what it is about it...
Reply }
Valdred: I like the wallpaper, but like Yin stated, it is supposed to be capitalized if it is a title. also, I feel that the character is too dark. I suggest a light source from the bottom left to brighten it up a little bit without losing the dark feel of it.

Yin:The cactus needs to be edited where the bottom meets the top. there is a sliding spot that makes it look like two different entities on the right side. On the second character, the head needs to be more independent. The tail/leg? also needs a little more editing. The breathing looks awesome in the animation though. Kudos on that. The blue guy's right arm (left side of picture) is shorter than the right. His elbow should come out one or two more pixels. I have to also agree that the face is a little off, but I can't put my finger on what it is. Have you tried using the ginger's face as a template and sliding it on the blue guy?
[Image: style7,Kristovski.png]
Reply }
I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the cactus with the two entities thing, can you explain that part more?
And I will fix the leg/tail on the desert dragon thingie. I don't know what my fiance was thinking when he did that part because I can't tell if it's a toe or a tail. (He draws them and I fix them up). What's the ginger? Do you mean the other guy I posted?
Also I have another.
[Image: DesertCrowAnimating.gif]
Reply }
On the cactus the stalk (is that right on a cactus?) just stops at the chin, so when the graphic goes to the left it exposes a stem that stops. And yes, I mean the irish kid sittin above. As far as the bird goes, it looks awesome. The tail could have some more animation to it, though (maybe a little bend at the base so the tail goes left on down and right on up?).
[Image: style7,Kristovski.png]
Reply }
Oh I think I know what you are talking about now. I thought it just looked like he(?) had a fat chin lol. I can fix that.
I can also make a bend in the tail of the crow. Thanks for your feedback!
Reply }
Grammatically speaking, he is right to not capitalize "gods", unless of course it's a title. You only capitalize the "g" in god when you are referring to a single god, as then it becomes a proper noun. Gods is just a noun and not a proper noun, as it refers to a group versus and individual deity.
Reply }
Yeah, but it is a part of the title, so I guess I was wrong. That just proves that this thread works though :)
Valdred

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Maps and screenshots thread aerendyll 1,051 977,934 03-18-2024, 04:54 AM
Last Post: Remi-chan
Brick Common Event Library (Development + Brainstorm thread) PK8 3 8,885 02-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Last Post: JayRay
  Game Idea Thread KasperKalamity 30 34,740 11-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
   [Hiatus] Windowskin Generator Contribution Thread PK8 7 14,555 07-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Last Post: decibel