Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
 An untitled game? Blasphemy! (some mature contest)
To be honest, I'm not sure if this should go here or in the "completed project" forum. Mostly because - while the game is "complete" in the sense that it has an ending - I lack a title and haven't done a proper grammar check yet (which might hurt the game a bit considering english isn't my first language). In any case, I'll put it here for now.

...since I lack a good title for the game, and the textless title screen doesn't actually say anything at all about the game, I'll just put an in-game screenshot where a flashy title text should normally have been;

[Image: sascreenie.png]

...yes, that is indeed Charlie Fleed's lovely battle system. The values are pretty low in this game.

So...

What is this "untitles game"?

The untitled game is a kind of Visual Novel inspired RPG in a fantasy/norse mythology (not as much in the overall look as in references) environment. A lot of "unoriginal/ripped" material is used and the story is obviously very short/rushed since it's a two-week project. The game has mild suggestive themes and blood, and it takes about an hour and a half to play through.

Story
;

Because of a ritual performed by her father, Elena Silverbane's sister has been sent to Helheim - the dark and cold world where the souls of sinners suffer eternally. After being banished from her homeland, Elena makes a deal with Hel - the ruler of Helheim - in order to save her sister's soul. She is to face three difficult trials in order to set her sister free.

Characters;

[Image: elenav.png]

Name: Elena

The daughter of a powerhungry duke who revolted against the king. After her father was defeated by the king's men, Elena was banished from the country. She is a tough and steady fighter.

[Image: ralphy.png]

Name: Ralph

A pretty easygoing guy who decided to tag along after Elena saved both him and his hometown from the feared black knight. Mixes swordart and support magic in battle.

[Image: lisak.png]

Name: Lisa

A temple maiden from the "order of the valkyrie". Has a generally positive attitude. Is the master of magic in battle, with both offensive and defensive spells.

--------------------

Download link:

Full game here:

http://save-point.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=16

--------------------

...I might work a bit more on the game some day, adding a menu system and that MP3-looping script and such... plus add an additional area. But we'll see when I have the time for that and can be bothered.

Credits;

...I have everyone written down on a paper back home. I'll get home on the weekend, so if I miss out on someone, I'll add them then. But right now, from the top of my head...

Charlie Fleed - FFX battle system
DerVVulfman - DerVVulfman's animated battlers
Guillaume777 - multi-slot
Dollmage - battle sprites
kyle1234lee - battle sprites
Reply }
Oh nice, it looks interesting. I'll download and test it tonight =D
Reply }
I'll be doing the same. :)
[Image: style7,Kristovski.png]
Reply }
Hey, since you're using the RPG maker midi music, why don't you replace some with these:
http://save-point.org/showthread.php?tid=3180

Winking

EDIT:
I'm playing your game and so far (Sofa!) I'm really impressed!
Reply }
(02-22-2011, 08:02 PM)MetalRenard Wrote: Hey, since you're using the RPG maker midi music, why don't you replace some with these:
http://save-point.org/showthread.php?tid=3180

Winking

EDIT:
I'm playing your game and so far (Sofa!) I'm really impressed!
Wow, those are some nice remixes. Just gotta add the "loop MP3" script as well. =)

Thanks. =P
Reply }
Fanfir is too hard Cry
lol

Great game though!
Reply }
Hint; exit the cave, return to the village and buy the charm that protects against fire for everyone. That should make things easier. =P

And you can always return to the first town, and enter the forest there to level up if needed. =P

Both Fafnir and the battle that comes after was a bit of a dilema though, since I wanted them to be tough... but not "over the top hard". When I playtested them a bit myself, I knew everything about the movesets and such, so it was kinda hard to adjust the difficulty correctly. They might both require a bit too much "proper preperations", considering the difference protection against the right elements does.

Finally; Elena deals extra damage against Fafnir, so keeping her on the offensive and have the other two support might be a good idea. Fafnir is also the only enemy in the game that is completely immune to stun.
Reply }
Is he also weak to water (ice) attacks?

I'll try and finish it tomorrow. I'd vote for your game in the competition! Laughing
Reply }
Ah yes. He has that weakness as well.

Whoa, thanks! xD

-------
Edit: Also; tomorrow I'll re-adjust the game's difficulty a bit. Some encounters are a bit too easy, while Fafnir and a certain someone are slightly too hard. Didn't get to spend much time test-battling until now, so yeah.

Until I've made those adjustments, I'd actually recommend leveling a little in that forest before facing Fafnir. =P
Reply }
I know I said I'd balance the difficulty "tomorrow" a few days ago, but while I've done that, I have also added a custom menu system among a few other things. I'll be adding full credits at the end of the game too now that I'll finally be gong home. So, I kinda decided to simply finish everything and upload the fully completed in the finished project forums once I have done so.

If someone has a whole lot of trouble with some boss and absolutely want to fight a nerfed version, then just let me know though. Since I added new scripts, the old savefiles probably won't work. But I can make a temporal version without those scripts. Otherwise, leveling up just a little before Fafnir and getting the right charm setup should probably do.

...Of course, this finished version I'll post soon is not the one that should be judged in the contest though. It's just for people who might want to play the game and get a better experience out of it. =P
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Traditional D and D Style Game Mike_Everley 2 2,980 08-23-2021, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Mike_Everley
   Animal Survival Horror Game (some mature content) ChickenFetus 6 12,668 10-05-2018, 09:44 PM
Last Post: ChickenFetus
   Saddy Night (Game) [NSFW] Saddy DS 4 7,986 07-01-2017, 11:35 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
  Working on a new game, keeping in touch! Nonsense_Spouter 0 3,853 04-14-2017, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Nonsense_Spouter
   Creating my first game - Adventriox Speedog 5 9,418 02-26-2017, 06:41 PM
Last Post: jreagan406
   Crisis Time a touch screen arcade game ThePrinceofMars 3 7,472 02-14-2016, 03:25 PM
Last Post: ThePrinceofMars
   HYDRA Engine - Idea for future game implementation JayRay 0 4,508 05-04-2014, 02:12 AM
Last Post: JayRay
   Untitled Pokemon Game KasperKalamity 8 15,667 12-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
   One Night 4 *Horror Game* Dark Gaia 1 5,133 07-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Last Post: MiguHideki
   Harvester IRC Game LilyKnight 1 4,586 03-15-2012, 04:29 AM
Last Post: MetalRenard