Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 RM-Retro
I'm currently one of the Betatesters of a programm someone I know is currently working on. I am not allowed (as of yet) to say who it is or to give any specific details about it so he won't get swarmed with requests or other questions. (I quote: "I will make it official when I'm all done and not a single second earlier. I hate it when people come asking you while you work, I'll get nothing done so hush you.") I also can't give you a copy of the beta-programm because he want's to sell it when he is done.
What I can say is that it is Audio related and that I'm absolutely in love with it XD

One of the features is to "convert" Music into 8-Bit like sound. Recently it was decided that I'm allowed to share a sample package with a few selected tracks from the RPG Maker XP and VX redone in that style. So I selected a few that I thought would sound nice like this and went ahead and made the "adjustments". Here is the result =) (I even added a track from the RM2000, just for fun XD)

http://www.4shared.com/zip/Di_CkbI9/RM8Bit.html

You are free to use however you want and no special credit has to be given. (Other then Enterbrain, obviously.)
In Turn we ask for feedback. How is the soundquality, how well does it work?
Also we ask that the music is not uploaded elsewere or to be given to other people. So enjoy your free treat, maybe you'll have some use for it ^^

PS: No, it is no one from Save-Point, I can assure you of that XD
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
I would love to hear and give feedback but I can't because it involves logging in to download the file. I don't want to create an account just to download a single file... Could you upload it somewhere else maybe please? :)
Reply }
Wait, what? oO
When did that happen? *drop* It seems all the filesharing pages I used to like are trying to anoy me one way or an other now <<'
Let's see...I'm kinda runing out of places to host files on XD'

http://www.sendspace.com/file/736zfd

http://www.2shared.com/file/zm3ZplGZ/RM8Bit.html
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
Sounds awesome!
Reply }
I like it, but then, I always like 8bit style music. :D

Just one thing, "Scene10 VX" has some pitch bending going on there, which is not possible in traditional 8bit music.
Not that it sounds bad at all! It's just an authenticity thing. I can totally understand that this is just a part of the program, as it can't see the difference.
Seriously though, the ending for Mass Effect 3 wasn't that bad, get over it.
Reply }
These all sound nice. It'd be neat to hear other RTP songs through this. (Like the other Battle tracks from XP~?)
Reply }