Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increased critical hit rate by a script
Hey folks, just signed in. Quite a nice community!
At the moment im working on a project. (RPG XP) Iam in need of a script which increases the critical hit rate when the acotr is inflicted with a state.
Im talking about this:
Actor is inflicted with state 21 (for example). Now his critical hit rate increases about 50%.
The rate of icreasement of the critical hit should be defined by me. As well as the state id.

I need it for the rpg xp.
I hope you can help me guys!! :)
Reply }
set the state to make dexterity 150%
Reply }
Critical hits apply only to attacks and not skills mind, but yes that is the easiest way to do it!

critical hit formula is (4*Attacker‘s DEX/Target‘s AGI)%

fyi if you want to learn how to do interesting things in battle, this is a good read http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,76.0.html
Reply }
No, you didint understand me.

I know that cirtical hit only happens with a normal attack. I didint ask for a skill which makes critical hit.
I want a little script, that adds a status which raises the chance to critical hit once the player is inflicted with this status.
How hard is this to understand?

MechanicalPen: What does this have to do with me? Nothing.
Reply }
Before dismissing everyone as wrong and "not understanding", then sounding a little offensive by saying "how hard is it to understand", have a look into what they're suggesting.
Kasper is actually correct: http://www.rpg-maker.fr/dl/monos/aide/xp...rules.html
According the the formula here, increasing the dexterity would increase the chance of a critical hit. Therefore you need an event that increases the character's dexterity during battle and that would solve your issue.

Furthermore, I typed "rpg maker xp critical hit" into Google, clicked the first link and got a forum with a link to Victor Saint's Critical Hits Effects script.
http://victorscripts.wordpress.com/rpg-m...s-effects/
Here you go.

This community is nice, you're right, so please treat everyone with respect.
Reply }
First of all: Im not offened at all. I feel sorry If I sounded a bit angry.

Im gonnna recheck what mechnialpen has posted as a link.
But I really asked for a clear script and not for a little change by adding DEX.

And to you: The download of the site you posted is broken.
But I am pretty sure, that your posted script is for RPG VX.

I try my best respecting everyone
Reply }
Increasing dexterity doesn't need a script though, that's what I mean. You can create an attack that gives the state "crit up" or something, then make that state give 150% dexterity. Done! :)

Oh and the link was a VX script, my bad.
Reply }
yeah everyone on the internet is way too script happy. figuring out as much as you can without turning to scripts keeps them from becoming a crutch. not every script is compatible with every other script, so you're best off doing as much as possible without scripts first.
Reply }
Alternatively, you could learn how to script yourself, then you could do anything.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Script compatibility help Lord Vectra 3 3,533 07-25-2021, 11:42 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Adding face script on Cogwheel's RTAB Battle Status rekkatsu 15 12,767 08-25-2020, 03:09 AM
   "Wait" in the script Whisper 13 13,617 04-28-2020, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Whisper
   Skill Cooldown script Fenriswolf 11 14,007 12-10-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Fenriswolf
   Help iwth script (RGSS Player crash) Whisper 3 6,494 06-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Whisper
   Help modifying a script Keeroh 7 8,889 06-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Question  Mog Menu script: help me stop the crazy picture movement during transitions Zachariad 4 8,567 05-31-2017, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Zachariad
   Actor names in Quest Script jreagan406 5 7,557 03-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Last Post: JayRay
   Bizarre issue with Lanzer counter script. Steel Beast 6Beets 2 6,581 10-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Steel Beast 6Beets
   Moonpearl script Animated Battlers help!! x(( Starmage 11 13,765 05-21-2016, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Starmage