Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 Charlie's Arena is ONLINE!!! (5th DEMO RELEASED) (RECRUITING)
[Image: 681c01c3.png]

Presentation

Charlie's Arena Online is the (temporary) title of my biggest effort during the years of my activity in the RPG Maker world.
It is not a MMORPG. As the ones among you who are familiar with arena-type games may have guessed, this game is going to be an online game that allows people to challenge each other in multiplayer battles.
Each player will have the opportunity to create one or more parties with a given amount of Upgrade Points (UPs). Adding characters to a party and buying equipments consumes the party's UPs. UPs can be gained by winning online battles.
I'm planning on creating both a LAN mode and a Network mode.

Demo

Tech Demo, version 0.5

In this demo:
- six classes available
- animated battlers
- exp system
- get 100 UP at the end of each online battle
- lots of weapons/armors/accessories

Instructions

Inside the demo.

IF YOU HOST A ROOM, YOU MUST HAVE PORT 55557 FORWARDED ON YOUR ROUTER, OTHERWISE PEOPLE WON'T BE ABLE TO JOIN YOUR ROOM.

Remember that your password will travel in clear text on the Internet and that the administrator will be able to see it, so don't use a password you use on sites, forums, email and so on. You will need to enter this password only if you will have to recover your profile after a deletion of the savefile.

Video(s)

Screenshots

[Image: th_23a52da8.jpg] [Image: th_281d7ceb.jpg] [Image: th_2648584d.jpg] [Image: th_60d04455.jpg] [Image: th_5bd24411.jpg] [Image: th_fbd79dc9.jpg] [Image: th_a2cb7238.jpg]

Features
  • 1024 x 768 resolution
  • Multiplayer battles
  • Alliances
  • LAN game mode
  • Network game mode
  • LAN room, battle room, and battle chat.

Credits

Till now I have worked alone. I implemented almost every bit of the game from scratch.
I want to thank the people behind the Netplay project and Blizzard for his RMX-OS from which I have learned a lot, but I'm coding my own classes for everything.
I'm using Selwyn's Resolution Script.
The animation system for the battlers is provided by DerVVulfman.
}
wow, just wow... you are one of my favourite scripters and this is awesome. I would love to play it and try it out, I 'm very excited how this will be. good luck with it^^ the screens are very nice, too.
what would be the aim of the game, is there a story or can you just fight against others and power the chars up?
}
Wow I want to play it now just because i love your script and also arena games :D
}
After reading thoroughly, I thought it makes any normal project having a feature of online arena battle on any game, oh well, looks kinda nice, I wanna see a demo of it soon.
}
Dammit, I think there's a stupid Marshal bug that's causing dump format errors on the battle room clients in my Arena, while receiving triggered updates from the room host. That forces me to introduce periodic updates that wouldn't be necessary otherwise...
}
i dont normally play online/multiplayer rpg maker games but this couldbe an exception. :]
}
Thanks for the honour. :)

False alarm about the Marshal bug, everything is ok now.
}
Being in love with your scripts, this excites me to no end. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
}
New battle screen showing colors used to highlight alliances.

[Image: th_9c72bbd7.jpg]
}
pretty interesting, ill play the demo whenever you release one.
}

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star  Fantasia: Surreal Cosmic Progeny (Massive Playable Demo!) Remi-chan 7 7,861 03-15-2023, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Remi-chan
   Alterium Shift (Demo now Available) JayRay 2 1,406 01-14-2023, 07:35 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   Tasukete Tako-San : Save me Mr Tako - Demo ! chrisDeneos 22 30,116 12-27-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Post: chrisDeneos
   System Shock Trinity a fps rpg{DEMO OUT} ThePrinceofMars 9 14,855 03-24-2015, 04:56 PM
Last Post: ThePrinceofMars
   Canvas - A Puzzle RPG for the passionate (Demo Available) sbethune81 0 3,676 06-18-2014, 05:42 AM
Last Post: sbethune81
   Élan: Reign of Catastrophe (DEMO - 8/11/13) penguwin 17 24,975 08-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Last Post: penguwin
   [Demo]Soul Handler - The Legend of Crystal Bahamut Raphael Rpg Games 3 9,700 04-24-2013, 03:11 AM
Last Post: BlackCatSG
   Deceit x Justice [now with Demo] Samven 23 31,875 11-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Samven
   Rpg Legend [Online RPG] thephantom 3 7,493 12-23-2011, 05:46 AM
Last Post: thephantom
   Untitled Game Demo veniceisdying 6 11,653 04-14-2011, 02:43 AM
Last Post: veniceisdying