Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 MUDs are they IN or OUT
Multi User Dungeons are a Text Based MMO some with little or no graphics. With the recent move across the US again, my team has vanish and with it the hopes of the 3D MMO we been working ever so hard on. After months of waiting for anyone return I found myself wanted to do a solo or small group project. I have always had a love for MUD... well certain ones, you can still even find me playing AARDWOLF from time to time. SO the Question is this.

Are MUDs IN or OUT!
Im asking this because im thinking about creating one, the theme? Im not quite sure yet. Fantasy has been over done, there are a handful of Sci Fi themed (Star Wars MUD was fun) my favorite theme for games they had none... thats Right... Post-Apocalypse. IF there is one it was prolly so shitty I didnt even wanna test it.

SO what ya think? Opinions? Ideas? Suggestions?
Reply }
In a personal standpoint I like to play MUDs so i would play it with me and a couple of friends . But as the US goes I dunno i like them though :) .
Reply }
I remember breaking the MUD my friend Digi made.
I gender-swapped some NPC shopkeep to a female, polymorphed him into a succubus, gender-swapped back to male, genderswapped myself to female, raped him, gender-swapped back, used time control to shorten the pregnancy period, and made him give birth to a flying penguin-succubus. Only took 9 abortions to figure out how the birth system determined races :u
Apparently the game broke because there was no data entry for male succubi.

Fun times.
Reply }
To be honest I think MUDs are probably out. Sometimes things just go away for obvious reasons. Im sure if the original creators of MUDs had a chance to add great graphics to their game ideas they would have. Its now a nistalga(sp?) thing for you, all the great time playing a MUD, but it just doesnt have the appeal anymore.

Remember POGs? I used to have a cool clear slammer with a blood red skull and cross bones. I remember beating everyone at POGs for keeps (yea... i played for keeps), but no one would join me in a game of POGs now.
Reply }
See thats the problem, cant keep a "mature" team together to build a graphical game, and I wanna do a solo project and MUD is the only thing I dont have to worry about it. All words with minor graphics (Yea I am gonna have ASCII graphics in it) Already got a working Minimap working :p

Just gotta decide to go on or not..
Reply }
Go on ! I have friends that would happily play with us if you put in a chat .
Reply }
Chat I already got in and working along with alot of other great features, Had DerVVulf log in last night to see if it works, though i think he got bored :p
Reply }
Not bored. Too active 'gazetting'. But that's another topic.

Remember what I said about maps. Don't drive anyone nuts with infinity hallways... unless you're evil. Winking
Reply }
I still gotta find a good MUD to play... and see if I can make one in Ruby or some bash based scripting language.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Well I decided Im going to do it, for a few reasons.
Will help me learn C and
I can start emptying my head of all these damn ideas.
Give me something to do in the desert so i dont loose my mind :p
Reply }