Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Passive Skills DVV
Passive Skills DVV
Version: 1.1

Introduction
This makes a system where skills you have in your spellbook actually affect your current stats without needing to actually 'cast' the skill. It is a skill that works 'behind the scenes' to give your actors a little boost.

Script
The Script
* Script is a text file saved with the .doc extension

Instructions
The instructions are pretty much in the script. That's how I roll. :cheery:

Compatibility
An RGSS / RPGMaker XP system.

Terms and Conditions
Free for use, even in commercial games. What is asked is due credit. However, this is an exclusive to the 'House Slashers' run by DerVVulfman, Kalier and Mea, and an exclusive to the 'RMVXPUniverse' forum owned by PK8 (formerly Punk, Punkid89), and run with Olivia and DerVVulfman. It is not for display or distribution on any other site or forum.
Reply }
Im looking at the script now , hopefully i can figure it out .
Reply }
Just make an event on the field map that allows Aluxes to 'LEARN HEAL'. Then watch his MaxHP grow by 100.

The initial settings for the 1st skill will give anyone with the 'heal' skill +100MaxHp, +100MaxSp, a 10pt bonus to the main 4 stats and speed up their speed for combat by a factor of 2.5 (assuming no other passive skill values interfere).

Mind you... you won't see HEAL in the Skill menu anymore as I have it in the HIDDEN_PASSIVES array. The only thing I didn't wanna do was rewrite the 'refresh' method in Window_Skill.
Reply }
Just wondering, is it possible to add element (For resist) and state (auto state activation and/or resistence) with passive?
Reply }
Never said I was DONE with it, did I? :cheery:

First thing on my mind. Also, I have plans to see about random encounters and other stuff.
Reply }
Wow, if your going to do something similar to Trickster's Passive Effect script (script has errors btw), then you gonna make me delete KGC's Passive and make me wanna use yours. :)
Hope to see it complete soon so I can play around with it.
Reply }
Trickster's system doesn't have errors. It's just that some items were not defined in the demo, like your potion. But I do like to avoid 'requiring' scripts like the SDK. Make as many aliases as possible to be as compatible with everything... that's what I like to do.

As to KGC... They made one? I totally forgot about them. Tongue sticking out Just remember... if you intend to sell/market your game, you can't use their scripts. The 'terms of use' for KGC scripts denies commercial use.

And I'll see what I can do about making you drop 'em. Winking
Reply }
Can't go commercial cause I know my game won't be successful anyways...
Well, I solved it but I dislike how the max hp increases like that lol
I wanted to drop the script from the start but because of the features it had made me wanna keep it. xD
Reply }
Haha. I like how you are copying some of my work now DVV :P

and also my script did have errors. the problem that fgsfds had when using perfume was that the script tries to get the actor who used the item (for example in battle it gets two Game_Battler objects) for example Aluxes uses a Potion on Gloria. It gets Aluxes's Game Battler object and Gloria's. It then (if I can really recall) applies the item effects for Aluxes using items and Glorias effects for getting an item used on her.

But if you do this via Scene_Item and not Scene_Battle the way the script got the second actor was by reading the Scene's instance variable @actor. Scene_Item doesn't have it so when it was read it returned nil, and then methods were called on nil and thus errors.

but yeah my version is complex and its really like an addon status effect system to compliment RMXP's where the statuses affect states and other junk (and there is a lot of other junk).

but feel free to look at my version for ideas on how to implement stuff (and if you add anything new to yours that mine doesn't have be sure that I am going to steal it and add it to mine >:D)
Reply }
I looked at your and was wondering... passive_skills (something, : "agi" ) ... and was like WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!? Copying? I haven't a clue what you did there. Tongue sticking out I just went about my own way to do this. Hehehe.

But thanks for the welcome response.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Klass Change & Skills kyonides 1 576 05-29-2023, 07:39 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   KDualWield & Accessory Skills kyonides 1 726 02-10-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   Draining Skills! / Compatible with ABSes and custom non-active BSes / No SDK required DrHouse93 0 4,288 06-24-2016, 11:43 AM
Last Post: DrHouse93
   DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items DoubleX 1 6,074 07-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Last Post: DoubleX
   Lycan Slip-Thru Items/Skills DerVVulfman 0 4,349 03-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Victor Engine - Cooperation Skills Victor Sant 2 7,819 02-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Ace
   Skills : Replacements Kain Nobel 0 4,262 12-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Kain Nobel
   MrMo's Item-Using Skills DerVVulfman 0 4,870 04-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Victor Engine - Passive States Victor Sant 1 4,911 03-20-2012, 02:59 PM