Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Herb Digging MiniGame
Herb Digging MiniGame

Version: 1.3

Introduction
This lets the game developer make a minigame where the player must dig up a herb withoug cutting the root while racing against a timer. Nimble fingers are a must when dealing with herbs/plants with extensive roots.

Demo
(Click)

Instructions

Built into the script.

Credits

AnimalX3 for the original version from 2008, Eagleeye1990 who suggested a 'success switch' feature, and finalholylight who suggested selfswitches.

Compatibility
Designed for use with RPGMaker XP.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
More thinsg for me to test XD
Sounds interesting, I'll try that out after I'm done messing arround with your textfile extractor =)
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
I think you should make a youtube channel about the hundreds of scripts you made. Not about the configuration, just show the demo while you use them and explain what they do.
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }
Nice script, but would you mind add "self-switch" to script, because if you have many herb-digging locations in your game, you will use too many switches.
Reply }
(10-08-2014, 08:25 AM)finalholylight Wrote: Nice script, but would you mind add "self-switch" to script, because if you have many herb-digging locations in your game, you will use too many switches.
Self Switches? Fine... fine... fine... I'll do that.

OH, WAIT! I did. Very happy + Tongue sticking out

New BUMP to version 1.2.... You can now use a normal switch, or an array that holds the ID of an event and its self-switch letter (like so: ['6', "A"] ).
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Dear VVulfman, there is a littile bug.
For example: If im about to make a flower who gives me 10 items if I dig it, it always gives only 1 one of it despite the fact that I wrote someting else.

Like this:
$scene = Scene_Herb.new(33, 2, 30,
6, 17)
Now, it should give me 17 times of Item 33, when I dig it. Right? But it only gives me one of it everytime. Hm...
Reply }
Twenty five downloads, and no one noticed until now?

Hey, Melana.   We now have a...
BUMP
to version 1.3

This fixes the script... particularly a bug on like 495 where it didn't give you the @amount of herbs defined.

Reply }
I've a question.
How do I change the volume of the sounds of the scirpt? I mean the Audio/SE/129-Earth01 when I dig.
And how do I choose a custom sound when I succesfully dig a herb. I mean beside from the original victory theme.
Reply }
The bulk of this script is still AnimalX3's, so I did nearly 'nothing' to the original other than the suggested changes by Eagleeye1990 and FinalHolyLight. However, the changes you wish are easy.

Your typical Audio call is ( Filename, volume, pitch ), so when you find line 480 reading ...
Code:
Audio.se_play(Herb::DIRT_DIG_SE)
... you can change it to ...
Code:
Audio.se_play(Herb::DIRT_DIG_SE, 80,100)
... to reduce volume to just 80% of normal.

Likewise, you can do the same to the fail sound effect on line 460.

And the traditional 'battle end' music was hard-coded on line 492. You could replace the line with ...
Code:
Audio.me_play("Audio/SE/012-Gag01",80,100)

Reply }
Hi i've just tested your demo.
And i love this system, could you make a relic digging version of this ?
If we can use a map to store all relics hitbox (1 map per relic) and a png image to set relic graphic.

I hope you can read this post and wish that my idea become real.

See Ya.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Minigame: BlackJack Trickster 4 10,910 04-18-2016, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Siletrea