Remi-chan's Neato Arty thread thing!
Another Rare Remi commission. I only really do them IRL with people i trust, because the internet for the most part, is a place of zero accountability.

My first go with acrylics in over ten years, and also probably the last time I'll do acrylics, because it's boring.
[Image: h2S7w89.jpg]
Yet some chump is happy to pay me for this dogshit, so fine by me~! But I've made it very clear... I won't be doing this again. Not because its remotely hard, first time I've touched acrylics since just after dropping out of school, and it was a complete cakewalk.

it's just not satisfying. It has all the wonderfully incurable atrocities that digital renders have transcended, while also being messy, time consuming and in general- just fucking annoying.

So I'm not doing it again, but... Hey! To the few haters who thought I might not do acrylics because I'm not good at them, no... I've just been spoiled rotten by a better medium that isn't dated and shit. You're welcome.

There is no reason for me to use this downgraded format, it's just a relic of the past that I do not need anymore. I'd rather just do pencil sketching or B&W illustration with graphite when i do traditional mediums at all because at least those offer a different process to digital renders. To clarify, acrylic painting is the same as digital render, just with much less accuracy and timelyness, as well as being sloppy, messy and a waste of table space, canvases and materials.

Once you have a tablet pen and computer, and a basic bitch program for drawing, you're set. Congrats, you will literally never have to spend money to draw art ever again.

Every acrylic painting meanwhile, is upwards of at least 10 dollars, and will just look worse because its a rough and untidy medium. But not hard, just a relic very much of a dated era that I really don't care to do again. This was kinda just me seeing if i could do it. The only real hater in this story is my inner critic, but thankfully, art experience is transferable between mediums, and I nailed it without much issue or difficulty.

Suck it inner hater, now time for you to go be white noise again while I start thinking of how to do an epic render of Sacreblu.
[Image: jGSteDi.png]
Because yes, I did promise to do the other choice this month. I don't mind because I haven't rendered Sacreblu in a while and she is a beautiful character, and also- she's pretty hot.

So I'm not exactly feeling like I'd have done anything else, it's not like I can't do more than one piece a month, and given some events- it's quite likely I'll redraw Thewi this month. Probably just as a sketch / draft, but last time I tried doing that we got A Demon Lord's Web so... who knows!
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remi-chan's Neato Arty thread thing! - by Remi-chan - 09-11-2024, 06:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Samven's Amazing Art Request Thread! Samven 2 6,453 03-14-2015, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Samven
  Trexrell sprite thread trexrell 23 31,610 06-14-2014, 06:41 AM
Last Post: trexrell
  [WIP] Lost Ages Model Reskinning thread JayRay 0 3,936 05-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Last Post: JayRay
  Ace' Art and Feedback Thread Ace 11 18,230 04-20-2012, 06:22 PM