Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Commercial Recruitment and Resources
Insofar as worrying if a person who posts a resource (whatever it may be) and declares it as "free usage... blah blah blah", whereby you garner the resource and the creator then labels it as "not for use but...", retroactive removal of a person's right to use something is generally frowned upon and not something that can be legally held up in court. If I decided that I wanted to make money from all the old copies of Animated Battlers, I'd be in the wrong. Plain and simple. Only if I released a new version as an exclusive would I have any say. Like the free version of the the InvisionBoards software and the full IBPro version 3+ paid software. And if Cogwheel (the maker of RTAB) sold his library of scripts to another person who said you now had to pay for them... "all rights reserved", only those NOW acquiring those scripts are required to pay. That set of terms are only valid from that date on. But again, if what you downloaded was free when you acquired it, tough noogies on their part.

Now forum to forum, you may find some sites that are property of a single person or collective whereby their terms of use are spelled out. KDC scripts (the Japanese ones) are popular and have been posted here and there and everywhere. But not allowed to be posted here because we honor their terms of use... "No posting elsewhere" Granted, you'd probably avoid their scripts because it's also stated "No commercial use". Just saying, some places have their terms right in their page.

Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Commercial Recruitment and Resources - by DerVVulfman - 04-08-2012, 08:23 PM