Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Kichi's Kached Audio
Kichi's Kached Audio
Version: 1.2

[Image: Eb6tpGA.png]

Introduction

This system is designed with the purpose of protecting your game's music and audio files, giving them a minor encryption using the same data structure as RPGMaker XP's innate system, storing them within the game's Data folder, and allowing them to be compressed/encrypted within the .rgsaad file.

Features
  • Gives a level of protection towards your audio files
  • Places them within your Data Folder and permits rxdata compression

Drawbacks
  • Audio files take slightly longer to load based on filesize
  • Minor increase in cached file size by approximately 1.18 percent
  • Audio saved in the Data folder cannot be played in the Editor, game only*
  • During playback, original file is temporarily 'restored' in the root folder... but PROTECTED from copying anyway.

* Caching audio files makes valid .rxdata copies within your Data folder, and does not erase the originals. Original audio files within the Audio folder may still be played.

Script
Kached Audio

Instructions
Pretty much plug-and-play in its functions, but it does require you to use script calls to actively 'cache' audio which self-stores within the Data folder. And when you are done, use the "RGSAAD" value to let the script know it is ready for an encrypted/compressed game.

Detailed instructions are inside the script itself.

But if you need an editor for the system, a simple and easy-to-use one is available below:

Kached Audio Editor

Demos

Demo 1 - Version able to be examined
Demo 2 - Version Encrypted into .rgsaad
Both are Box.com links. Look to top of window for DOWNLOAD button in page

Compatibility

This script will obviously conflict with any other script that will modify the bgm_play, bgs_play, me_play and/or se_play methods within Game System, and will conflict with any script that alters the animation_process_timing method within the RPG::Sprite class that handles battle system effects.

Other than that, it is compatible for RPGMaker XP systems.

Terms of Use

Free to use, even in commercial projects. Just note that I need some form of due credit, not just myself but Carlos_Davilla who assisted.

[Image: Exclusive1.png]
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
BUMP
to Version 1.1

The Windows OS is a fun little system.  It can prevent a user from copying or deleting a file whilst the file is in use. So I added some lines to prevent  the possibility of one's game crashing.

Meanwhile, I now have a fun and adorable little logo thanks to a good friend.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
BUMP
to Version 1.2

A new version exists and a problem averted thanks to Carlos_Davilla. It was not realized until recently that some cloud services would have issues with the temporarily extracted audio files that Kichi would use. Such issues would result in CTD (or Crash to Desktop) errors. Said extracted music will now be automatically renamed to the same standard as other temporary files, such as those from Microsoft Word, and thus be ignored by cloud storage systems.

Oh, as a bonus... I just added two demos to the page. I always had the main script and the editor script in the main page, but the two demos are ... fun.

Both demos are of the same setup... single map, single fight with two ghosts... everything looking generic.. But the audio is completely different.

The first demo is open in that you can open the project and edit it. However, you will find that there is no Audio folder in the demo, despite that all the audio within the demo is custom. If you look within the Data folder, you will see BGM, BGS, ME and SE subfolders. And within these are rxdata files that are the music files converted and able to be cached.

The second demo cannot be opened as it is already converted and compressed. The contents are within the .rgsaad file, data and all. There is no outside Audio folder that needs to be shipped or packed away because all of the audio is packed within the .rgsaad file, and only extracts a copy of the necessary audio when needed.

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Audio Module Kain Nobel 2 1,921 01-25-2022, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Kain Nobel
   Audio Module Rewrite mcisendstring DerVVulfman 25 35,123 05-03-2020, 08:08 PM
Last Post: MikiIsAway
   Missing Audio Replacer LiTTleDRAgo 1 5,118 06-11-2017, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Whisper
   Audio Settings EJlol 1 5,726 07-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Erechel
   Audio File Encryption Dark-Yen 0 4,723 03-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Dark-Yen
   AUDIO FIX - Battle Animations DerVVulfman 0 4,847 03-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman