Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 KTimers
KTimers
XP + VX + ACE
Version 1.1.0

by Kyonides

Introduction

This script should let you create events like growing plants. The benefits are interesting, you won't find any timer on screen and the corresponding timers will keep running even if you're on another map. Don't worry about them running forever, they'll stop right after they reach their "ripe stage". Only a player hitting the OK button while standing right in front of the event could reset the timers.

Instructions

Create a multi-page event with its graphics.

On the first page leave a comment like this one:

Code:
timer 1 refresh 15

That means the event will use a timer with x stages and will count till 15 seconds before the next stage begins (that means it will change to the next page on the event list).

On the last page add a script call:

Code:
reset_timer

That will help you reset the growing plant event. It will be activated once the player hits the OK button while standing right in front of the event.

Also take a look at the script and search for the STAGES Constant and edit it at your will.

Example:

Code:
STAGES = {1 => 2, 2 => 3, 3 => 5}

# Timer Type => Number of stages (that means Number of event pages - 1)

As you might have figured it out by now, the timer ID on the comment you left at the growing plant event corresponds to some kind of Timer Type of the STAGES Constant.

And that's all, forumers!

featuring both versions

Term of Use and Conditions

Free for non-commercial games.
Donations aka voluntary payments are accept if going commercial.
Due credit is not optional but a must.
Check out my signature below! Winking
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
KTimers - by kyonides - 10-31-2012, 02:47 AM
RE: KTimers XP - by yamina-chan - 10-31-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: KTimers XP - by kyonides - 10-31-2012, 09:47 PM
RE: KTimers XP - by kyonides - 07-03-2021, 02:26 AM
RE: KTimers XP - by kyonides - 12-27-2023, 04:59 AM
RE: KTimers - by kyonides - 12-27-2023, 08:42 AM