Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 Hartacon 1.5 - Multiplayer Online RPG Arena
Well, thank you, but before I can accept that compliment I have to eliminate any ripped graphics. But I'm working on it, thanks to my talented collaborator at Moy Studio.
I do need map designers, you know... Actually I had posted the steps needed to create a map for the game, but that post is lost now because of the hack(s). I'm going to explain the process again, and if you are interested, let me know.

Okay, the game has two types of maps, traditional and isometric. At the moment, I can only accept traditional maps.
A traditional map is basically a collection of:
a) a background image
b) pictures representing objects
c) a passability map
Every detail of the map that cannot ever end up in front of a character, belongs to the background. Instead, if a character is supposed to move behind something, then that is an object.

a) Each map must have sizes that are multiple of 32 pixels. 1024*768, 800*600, 320*320, 1600*64 are all acceptable sizes (yes, it doesn't have to be 4:3).
The background can be any image, you can do it with RPG Maker by capturing a screen of the editor, you can draw it from scratch, you can make it in Photoshop by using tilesets and retouching it.

b) For each object, I need its position referred to a grid of 32*32 tiles, (0,0) being the top-left tile (like in RPG Maker XP). Objects can also be used to make light effects, and can be animated (in that case all the frames bust be arranged in a row).

c) Finally, I need the passability map. This time I'm talking about a proper RMXP map, which has to use this tileset:
[Image: passmap-1.png]
where X's mark nonpassable tiles, U's mark passable tiles that cannot be reached because of obstacles (this prevents characters from being placed on thoese tiles at the beginning of a battle), and finally numbers are used to mark the initial positions of party members.

Here is an example:
[Image: th_Immagine-3.jpg]
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Hartacon 1.5 - Multiplayer Online RPG Arena - by Charlie Fleed - 10-15-2010, 04:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Hartacon Tactics - RELEASED ON STEAM/XBOX 360 Charlie Fleed 18 27,042 06-30-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Charlie Fleed