Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Stuff you're not fond of but everyone else loves
Sword Art Online.
The first season. (It's all I cared to TRY to watch)

The whole anime's premise revolves around the premise of "People can't log out of the MMORPG, and they have to play the game to get stronger and make it through the online world. If someone dies in the game, they die in real life!"
Where have we heard that before?
OH YEAH, ALL OF THE .HACK SERIES.
THE WHOLE PREMISE OF SWORD ART ONLINE WAS STOLEN FROM .HACK. EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT.

The story is nothing but anime tropes and cliches piled onto each other! The only interesting things that happen during the anime are cliches on top of cliches! There's even the Ecchi cliche of the girl falling on top of the guy, and it's revealed that she fell in the perfect way where he's grabbing her breasts. Yes, seriously, they even bothered to add that into the show, making it a crapfest of cliches that make the show uninteresting and ultimately stupid.

Overall, it's a barely-watchable show full of stolen ideas from other things and actual games that are out there. I have NO idea how this got popular except for the fact that maybe people like that it's nothing but a trope-fest, and people like the overhyped mainstream shows? I dunno...
The obvious idea thievery irritates me more than anything. I don't know about season 2, but I heard it gets worse in the cliche department, and not even most fans who liked and touted Season 1 as the "best anime evurrrr" liked Season 2... 

I won't even bother to try and finish the anime, it's not worth my limited time.  Confused
[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Director.png]

Destiny of End Thread: http://save-point.org/thread-5585.html
Destiny of End Twitter: https://twitter.com/DestinyofEnd
Destiny of End Youtube: (Coming soon)
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stuff you're not fond of but everyone else loves - by Bounty Hunter Lani - 12-01-2015, 04:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Stuff you love but no one else seems to Samven 57 59,394 07-15-2017, 12:29 AM
Last Post: lestat3179